Virtual Earth Error in Web Browser

Scopus69

One of my end users is unable to display maps.live.com in his IE 6 SP2 web
browser. The error is:

Line 2
Char: 151954
Error: Expected '}'
Code: 0

If you login under a different profile on the SAME computer it works no
problem. What is in the profile that could prevent this? Is there some
other application that could be causing a conflict?

I initially posted this in another news group and thet told me to post here.
They recommedned I try following methods below. I did the first two with no
luck. Before I re-create his profile, I wanted to see if there were any
other recommendations.

Method One:
===========

Please try the following steps to reset Internet Explorer first.
1. Click Start, please type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the
Start Search bar and press Enter to open the Internet options window.

2. Switch to the Advanced tab.

3. Click the "Restore Defaults" button.

4. Uncheck the "Enable third-party browser extensions" option in the
Settings box.

5. Click Apply, click OK.

Method Two:
===========
As this issue might be related to third-party add-ons, please disable the
add-on one by one and check whether this makes any difference.
To disable IE add-on, please do as follows:

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click Tool
3. Click Manager Add-ons
4. Click Enable or Disable Add-ons.

Method Three:
============
Please perform the following steps to create a new user profile to test:

1. Rename the local user profile on the problematic client. By default, it
is C:\Documents and Setttings\<User>.

2. Rename the roaming profile on the server share if the user is using
roaming profile.

3. Logon as the problematic user to test. The system will create a new user
profile for the user.

Moreover, as this is Windows XP newsgroup, if the above suggestions don't
work, I recommend you open a new thread in the following IE newsgroup:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=micros
oft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser&cat=en_US_64661a5c-a712-4bde-813
1-45fb3ead8e70&lang=en&cr=US

Thanks!

Morgan che

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Based on my research, I found other customers encountered the similar
problem and they solved it by doing the following:

Method 1:
=======
1. Click Start, please type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the
Start Search bar and
press Enter to open the Internet options window.

2. Switch to the General and delete temp files

3. Switch to the security and add maps.live.com site to the trusted sites
zone.

4. Switch to the Advanced and enable HTTP 1.1 for proxy connections

5. Under "Browsing", click to select the "Disable Script Debugging check
box".

6. Click "OK" to close all windows, and then restart the computer to test
the result.

Method 2:
=========
If above method doesn't work, please try:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type " Regsvr32 urlmon.dll ", and then click OK.
When prompted with the DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded message,
click OK.

If steps above still couldn't work, if possible, please rename the user
profile to test the result. If anything is unclear or I can help, please
let me know.

Have a good weekend.

Sincerely
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Support

--->From: =?Utf-8?B?U2NvcHVzNjk=?= <[email protected]>
--->Subject: Virtual Earth Error in Web Browser
--->Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 03:08:02 -0700
--->Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
--->
--->One of my end users is unable to display maps.live.com in his IE 6 SP2
web
--->browser. The error is:
--->
---> Line 2
---> Char: 151954
---> Error: Expected '}'
---> Code: 0
---> URL: http://maps.live.com
--->
---> If you login under a different profile on the SAME computer it works no
---> problem. What is in the profile that could prevent this? Is there
some
---> other application that could be causing a conflict?
--->
--->I initially posted this in another news group and thet told me to post
here.
--->They recommedned I try following methods below. I did the first two
with no
--->luck. Before I re-create his profile, I wanted to see if there were
any
--->other recommendations.
--->
--->Method One:
--->===========
--->
--->============
[...]

How is everything going?

May i know if you have solve this problem? if there is any thing I can
help, please post back.
Sincerely
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Support