Video corruption P4P800 and ASUS V9560 GeforceFX VideoSuite

Thomas Heder

Hi!

I have recently put together a system basec (in brief) of:
ASUS p4p800 (BIOS 1008)
Intel 2.8 (Hyperthreaded, 800MHz FSB)
1 Gb RAM (Verified with Memtest86 3.0 without problems)
ASUS V9560 GeforceFX 5600 (Running latest NVidia 44.03 drivers)

Once in a while (every other day or so) the display corrupts just as
if it was zoomed in on the top left corner of the screen. (Pixels get
about an inch high on 19" screen. The mouse pointer is still ok, and
the computer seems to respond , since i can right-click on the small
surface I see ofthe desktop and a menu pops up, I cannot however
choose anything from it since the "zooming" prevents me from this. The
GFX card has not changed the refresh rates since my monitor still
shows 1600x1200@85Hz when checking... Has anyone experienced anything
similar? My guesses right now are

GFX card issue/nVidia driver issue (possible with hyperthreading)
Mainboard/BIOS issue
Possibly main RAM issue (not likely due to memtest reporting fine...)

Regards!

//Thomas Heder

Mike Gorman

Have you checked if any of the Accessability apps are running? I believe
Nvidia has a zoom feature and it sounds like it's sort of firing off or
kicking in. I'd be really surprised if this were any sort of hardware issue.

Thomas Heder

Mike Gorman said:
Have you checked if any of the Accessability apps are running? I believe
Nvidia has a zoom feature and it sounds like it's sort of firing off or
kicking in. I'd be really surprised if this were any sort of hardware issue.

Yep... Sounds like a driver (or other S/W) issue to me, really...
Might try ASUS own driver set instead of NVidias latest... However,
since the problem occurs randomly, it's a bit hard to test...

Reggie Big Monkey a.k.a. Redge

(e-mail address removed) (Thomas Heder) wrote in message
ASUS p4p800 (BIOS 1008)
Intel 2.8 (Hyperthreaded, 800MHz FSB)
1 Gb RAM (Verified with Memtest86 3.0 without problems)
ASUS V9560 GeforceFX 5600 (Running latest NVidia 44.03 drivers)
Has anyone experienced anything
similar? My guesses right now are
GFX card issue/nVidia driver issue (possible with hyperthreading)
Mainboard/BIOS issue
Possibly main RAM issue (not likely due to memtest reporting fine...)

Regards!

//Thomas Heder

Hi Thomas,

I have a similar setup, only 3Ghz instead of 2.8, and I do have some
problems, randomly, with the nvidia drivers 44.03. Seems to be
happening only at bootup usually, or when exiting some specific games.
Anyhow, I even tried the reference drivers from nvidia instead of the
Asus ones. Doesn't change anything.

I'll wait till next bios or nvidia drivers to make some conclusion.

Tell me if you solve your problem!

Reggie