Video Clips

Reaction score
Taking the plunge and hoping that some help might be forthcoing in this thread.
Currently having problems with video clips in that they keep starting then stopping. Throughout the process of trying to view a clip it happens continuously which is most annoying.
Perhaps someone might be able to give some advice as to why this is happening and possibly suggest how it can be corrected.
I am not given any reason as to why it is happening. It has happened on more than one occasion.
The video clip which I am currently experiencing this problem is a clip from within YOU TUBE. In fact all YOU TUBE video clips react in this manner whereas some time ago there were no such problems.

Thanks
GURU

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It sounds more like a buffering problem, perhaps due to the speed of your connection. I've had this happen every so often, and the easiest way I've found to stop it is:

Click "play" in youtube, then "pause" straight after. This starts the video buffering, and you'll see the red bar start to move along the bottom. You can then wait until the red bar is far enough along to press play again and it should play without stuttering :)

Reaction score
Hi Ian

Thanks for your input. It would appear from your response, that I have a buffering problem bcs I did as you suggested and all worked fine.
However perhaps you can inform me, how, if possible, does one go about rectifying the buffering problem.

Guru

P.S. Hopefully trying to fix a buffering problem is not too complicated because my technical knowledge is somewhat limited.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you'll need to get a faster internet connection to solve it, this does mean you'll need to talk to your ISP and sign up for a more expensive package if they have one or changing ISP all together

Reaction score
Hi

Apologies for not responding earlier but circumstances beyond my control were responsible for delay.

Yr efforts taken on board. H/ever having some probs with my ISP and hopefully will be utilizing a new provider in the coming weeks.
In the m/time I also downloaded Youtube downloader which also helps. When I download files from Youtube I am able to play them using WMP without experiencing the stop/go sequence as previously.
Should any further probs occur will make once again for advice.

TKS
Guru

Reaction score
Hi.

My wife has the same problem as xonk is having when playing YOUTUBE videos.
In Ian`s solution he say`s to press the play button followed by pause. But that button
is one and the same,not two separate buttons.It always shows the pause symbol. The videos
play for about 3 secs then stop.She then waits for about as much as two minutes,then it
starts up again only to play for a further 3 secs.She has tried Ian`s solution but to no avail.
The strange thing about this is that not all videos viewed act the same.Some play right the way through.
Also, this has come about only recently.When she discovered YOUTUBE,which would be about 3 months ago, it worked fine,no problems.
If the solution is a faster modem connection, then hopefully my ISP is going to upgrade me.
historian

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi.
Futher to my earlier post.
I`ve been told that all YOUTUBE videos work well on our desk top computer,using the same ISP provider
and at 1gb.I didn`t mention that the computer my wife is using is a lap top,using the same provider.This is
what we don`t understand.Why should it work on one type of computer and not another??
Puzzled.
historian

Ask a Question