Video card

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "Sean" <[email protected]>
Subject: Video card
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:26:55 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.multimedia

how do i check if my pc has a video card? please tell me.
--

Sean,

I'm assuming you want to find out if it has a PCI or AGP video card versus something built into the motherboard? If this is
the case the most accurate way to tell is to open the case and look. Sometimes you can tell by looking at the back of the
system to see where the monitor is connected at, an expansion slot or with a group of other connections, but this is not as
accurate as actually looking in the system.

If a monitor is connected and we get a video image when the system is turned on we know we have some type of video
circuit.

I guess we really need more information as to what you are trying to determine before we can give a more detailed
answer.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.