Valve to enter virtual reality hardware market with Valve Index

News Valve to enter virtual reality hardware market with Valve Index

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Becky submitted a new resource:

Valve to enter virtual reality hardware market with Valve Index - The gaming company has teased a photo of the new device, more info in May

The video game company behind Steam have teased an image of what appears to be a virtual reality headset, labelled 'Valve Index', along with the tag-line, "Upgrade your experience. May 2019".

It is expected that the May 2019 reference will be when we find out more information on the device, rather than a potential release date.

So far very...

Read more about this resource...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I really hope this VR headset comes in at a reasonable price. I'm hopeful that it will, as other valve hardware has been reasonably priced and if it takes off, they'll sell a boatload of copies of HL3 ;). If it's not too expensive, I think this time I may jump in and buy one.

Speaking of virtual reality, rather than a new thread, check this out.

For those that don't follow football, Chelsea scored a goal that shouldn't have been allowed as it was offside. This is Jamie Carragher using a HTC Vive to view the goal from the linesmen. Clever stuff!
Very clever they managed to model all that. I'm not used to seeing pundits have sympathy with the ref/linesman ;).

Linesman Simulator 2019 :lol: .

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I really hope this VR headset comes in at a reasonable price. I'm hopeful that it will, as other valve hardware has been reasonably priced and if it takes off, they'll sell a boatload of copies of HL3 ;). If it's not too expensive, I think this time I may jump in and buy one.

I hope so too! :thumb: At least there's not long to wait...

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Apparently due to a mistake on Steam, they inadvertently revealed a 15th June 2019 release date for the Valve Index!

Minimum system requirements were revealed to be:

Processor: Dual core with hyper-threading
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA 970, AMD RX480
Network: Broadband internet connection
Additional: Available DisplayPort 1.2 and USB (2.0) port required

Recommended:

Processor: Quad Core +
Graphics: NVIDIA 1070 or better
USB 3.0 needed for headset pass-through camera and USB port support

Ooh! :thumb:

No news on price yet though.

More info here: https://www.virtualperceptions.com/valve-index-to-release-15-june-2019-according-to-steam-mistake/

Ask a Question