user cannot install a root certificate

osis

The following occurs on a Windows XP with IE 6 PC. When the user tries to
install our Root Certificate the following pops up in a box named Invalid
Public Key Security Object File: This file is invalid for use as the
following: Security Certificate.

Other PC's (Windows 98, Windows 2000, and Windows XP) can successfully
install this certificate. Only this one PC is effected. How can the user
install this certificate?

Joe Wu [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for your post. To troubleshoot this problem, can you help collect
the following information:

1. Please boot the system into Safe Mode or Clean Boot (using MSCONFIG to
disable all Non-Microsoft services and all startup items)?

2. Please post the screen shot of the error message.

3. If possible, please send me the root certificate for test purposes.
(Please send it to me at (e-mail address removed).)

4. Please check the event log and to see if there are any events added when
importing the certificate.

5. Is the problematic system up-to-date?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your cooperation!

Regards,
Joe Wu
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation