Useful resources

Reaction score
I think it would be nice, if we all share useful resources what are we using.
For example, news, tech-news, forums, irc servers, torrent trackers etc etc
I'll go first - Mostly I don't use forums, if I have a problem i just google it. I really suggest people using irc.freenode.com(only geeks are there)it's a tech-server, you just join into your interesting channel( example - #php,#linux, #c++)very useful.
Please don't spam. I hope this thread won't be worthless.

Reaction score
Carpet said:
I'll go first - Mostly I don't use forums, if I have a problem i just google it. I really suggest people using irc.freenode.com(only geeks are there)it's a tech-server, you just join into your interesting channel( example - #php,#linux, #c++)very useful.

Errr! Is'nt that what we are doing here on these forums?? :confused:

Reaction score
You didn't actually get my point. I think that this forum is like all in one, looks like this thread will be useless after all :(

Reaction score
Carpet said:
You didn't actually get my point. I think that this forum is like all in one, looks like this thread will be useless after all :(

It is not all in one, if you go to the main index there is a whole range of forums covering a wide range of IT subjects.

This site is one of the best IT forum sites around IMHO.

Reaction score
If you ask for help or advice then most people will help that's all part of the forum.:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Carpet said:

You say 'Please don't spam'.

Isn't that precisely what you are doing my friend?

Reaction score
Carpet said:
You could stop bickering me :)

Bickering??

Ahhh! I see you are from Latvia - Bickering is the wrong word I think.
nod.gif

I was somewhat confused because you seemed to be advertising a rival site. If so, that can be taken by some as spamming.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry, I do not understand your post ???

You join the Forum, then "suggest" people use IRC instead ... a bit pointless you joining the forums, innit ?

We have tons of "geeks" here also ... all in one place too, no need to pick the wrong IRC

Ah, you mean ... don't spam the IRC channels, yes ?

No problem there, I think they are a waste of time. :)

I think we have a language misinterpretation here. English ain't easy to learn, but it's the only language I know ... well most of the time. :D

Reaction score
Sorry for what I did, I didn't mean to make such an angryness

cguil_uk said:
Bickering??

Ahhh! I see you are from Latvia - Bickering is the wrong word I think.
nod.gif

I was somewhat confused because you seemed to be advertising a rival site. If so, that can be taken by some as spamming.
What would be the word then and why is it wrong, please?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums . Take a look at the main forum page and you will see it is split into sections , each dealing with a different aspect of computing . Take a bit of time to read some of the posts to gain an idea of whats going on . You will find us a friendly and helpful bunch of folk . What part of Latvia do you come from ?
happywave.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Welcome to the forums . Take a look at the main forum page and you will see it is split into sections , each dealing with a different aspect of computing . Take a bit of time to read some of the posts to gain an idea of whats going on . You will find us a friendly and helpful bunch of folk . What part of Latvia do you come from ?
happywave.gif
I'm glad that people actually know where and what Latvia is, a lot of people even from Germany don't know where Latvia is not mentioning America.
I'm from west side Latvia - Liepaja.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Carpet said:
I'm glad that people actually know where and what Latvia is, a lot of people even from Germany don't know where Latvia is not mentioning America.
I'm from west side Latvia - Liepaja.
Most of us here are British so we have a good knowledge of the world.

Liepaja must be on the Baltic coast then?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Don't worry, most Americans don't know there are any other countries apart from Canada & Mexico ... I know exactly where Latvia is, no, I ain't been there, some relatives have, I would not mind a trip over myself, one day.

Around 1300mls from London, means a long walk for me. :D

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Most of us here are British
wicked! Since I visited London i adore everything that sarounds it.(how often do you hear this phrase from other people who visits London?)
And so you all know, I'm not quite Latvian. I'm like 25%Latvian, 25%Russian, 25%Belarus and 25%Armenian. :)

Reaction score
wow sounds like a good mix of cultures there, can you speak a lot of different languages too?

Reaction score
No, here are mostly just Latvians and Russians(and mostly teenagers hate each other and Latvians laugh at their dressing-style wich s pretty awful). No races(as a skin colour), just white. I speak Latvian, Russian, a little English as you can see and I'm learning German 8 years for now at school but I understand nothing from that language, no offence to Germans but I find it as most awful language.

Reaction score
Carpet said:
Sorry for what I did, I didn't mean to make such an angryness

What would be the word then and why is it wrong, please?

Bickering is usualy a petty meaningless squabble between two (or more) people. Often between a husband and wife. :)

We were having a argument or disagreement, because we take spamming very seriously. That is what your original message seemed to be.

____________________________________​

RE: "I didn't mean to make such an angryness"
Correction:
"I did not mean to upset anyone"
or:
"I didn't mean to create such annoyance"

_________________________________________​

I do not think we were angry with you - more confused or puzzled by the original message. It was a linguistic (language) misunderstanding. Nothing to worrry about. :)

Enough said. :)

Reaction score
psd99 said:
wow sounds like a good mix of cultures there, can you speak a lot of different languages too?
Puts us Brits to shame. I think that, as a nation, we are generally very bad at learning other people's languages and about other peoples cultures.

However, we are probably not as bad as some nations I can name (but I am not going too). :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
cguil_uk said:
Puts us Brits to shame. I think that, as a nation, we are generally very bad at learning other people's languages and about other peoples cultures.
It's not like I ever wanted to learn languages, here almost everyone speaks Latvian and Russian. In school they forced me to learn German and English in my opinion is coolest language. I learn it by watching CartoonNetwork. I heard only American accent and wenn i went to London I was like - huh? (but now I like it because I saw pretty girl walking near our hotel and was talking on phone with Brtish accent and then I started to love it :) ) And I find it very interisting that you can talk with so many nations in just one language
and by the way, is here anyone from Poole or Bournemouth?

Ask a Question