USA Cleans House and the Senate! Dems take over both.

MICHAEL

Alias said:
The Senate race hasn't been decided yet, although it looks like the Dems will carry the
Senate as well. Don't count your corrupt politicians before they hatch.

Technically speaking, if Allen does lose, the Senate will be;
49 Republicans, 49 Democrats, 2 Independent/Other.
In case of a tie, the VP gets to vote.

Joe Lieberman to the Democrats-
"Who do you love now?"

-Michael

Alias

MICHAEL said:
With the help of a Republican controlled Senate
and House.

No, despite the Rep. controlled Senate and House. If they wanted the
surplus to continue, Bush couldn't have gone on his drunken spending spree.
In total dollar amount, yes. As a percentage of GDP,
no. The deficit has actually been falling due to record
corporate tax revenues.

Clinton: Surplus. Bush: Deficit.
No, it's not.

It has been during Bush's term.
No, it's not.

It has been during Bush's term.
No, again.

It has been during Bush's term.
The Democrats filibustered how many
budgets? They sure didn't mind doing that
for a Supreme Court Nominee.
They could have tried, but they didn't.

Um, you're changing the subject.
That's possible.

I certainly hope so.
How many Democrats voted for the Iraq resolution?

Not relevant.
Exactly, what is their plan?

Now you'll find out, won't you?
Bush may have blood on his hands, but nothing compared
to Saddam. Please, don't quote for me the Lancet Report-
it's rubish.

Sure. You've counted them? The question is whether Bush is killing as
many Muslims as he is creating new "Islamic Terrorists".

Fact: Iraq did not attack the USA.

Fact: Iraq had no WMD.

Fact: Bush bombed the living shit out of the country for no good reason.

Fact: Bush is the most hated President overseas in recent times.

Fact: Bush thinks he gets his orders from God, with whom he thinks he as
a direct line. If that alone doesn't bother you, there isn't much hope
for you.
Obviously, you slum at the DailyKos.

There's nothing really extraordinary about this election-
an average midterm, with the same lousy average turnout.
This has turned out to be a typical midterm. It definitely
isn't the same as 1994- that was a tsunami. This is a ripple.

You wish. It's the beginning of the end of the far right Christian
wackos being in charge.

Alias

MICHAEL

Chad Harris said:
Arrogance, delusion and stupidity that amounted to death in Iraq; death to infants as the
new policy not to treat them takes over; death to thousands because of the mornic non-support
of embryonic stem cell research, Taliban control this morning in Afghanistan; and simply the
most incompetent presidency in history and a disastrous second term has resulted in some of
the most destructive arrogant Senators and House members who exherted no oversight, many of
them funnelling millions in campaign funds to their wives and in one case a daughter in sham
PR shops, many of them pending federal indictment.

The Democrats will test the waters, and Bush will rediscover
his veto pen. The Dems do not have the votes to overcome
a veto. Of course, the Dems may have to overcome some of
their own members, first. There are quite a few conservative
"blue dog" Democrats already.

They will also have to contend with the influx of a large number of conservative Democrats,
many of whom are pro-life, anti-tax and staunchly opposed to illegal immigrants. Recruited to
win in red districts, they are likely to clash with the decided liberal party leadership.

Many of the Democrats coming in are much more conservative than a lot
of the Democrats already there.

2006 was just a warm up for 2008. Not much legislatively
will happen before then.

Many of the races were very close, the House margin not that
wide. Dems do not have the discipline in sticking together like
the Republicans mostly did.

It's hard to have a mandate when:

About 40% of *registered* voters actually
vote during midterms.

About 60% of *registered* voters actually
vote during Presidential elections.

About 34% of the voting age population is
not registered.

-Michael

Nina DiBoy

Nina said:
:) Me too Alias! Hastert the Bastard has been dethrowned as Majority
leader and most likely Nancy Pelosi will take his place. I'm most
heartened to see a democrat and a woman in the 3rd most powerful
position in the world! Chad, this is also good for stem cell research!

Frist is pissed too! Even though his seat was retained by the
rethuglicans, They will lose the majority in the Senate too.

Correction! Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House. I need to lay off of
the dozen cups of coffee in the morning, LOL. My mistake.

Chad Harris

Yo--

Nuc lear Op tion (Def): During their 12 year reign in the US Senate, the
Republicans always threatened to use a nuclear option if the Dems
fillibustered meaning they would pass a law to end the fillibuster. It
always seemed stupid to me because if the Dems got in control they could
just change the law.

Tonight they know that the nuclear option has been stuffed deep into their
silo.

Right now the Repulbicans don't even control those little things that are in
the bottom of the Senate urinals.

CH

Frank

jwardl said:
Again, I say:
This has WHAT to do with Microsoft or Vista?
Not a damn thing.
But while we're waiting for MSDN to load Vista RTM it's a great way to
waste time!!!
Frank

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Chad;
Again with your OFF TOPIC garbage.
But then as you have shown so often in the past, you do not care about
netiquette.
The first word of your first sentence often applies to those so
inconsiderate.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Chad Harris" <Vista RTM is really Beta 1.net> wrote in message
Irrelevant garbage snipped

Alias

Now, what would really do it for me is if Bush and Cheney are impeached
for terrorism.
With the help of a Republican controlled Senate
and House.

No, despite the Rep. controlled Senate and House. If they wanted the
surplus to continue, Bush couldn't have gone on his drunken spending
spree who also -- until yesterday -- had a Republican controlled Senate
and House.
In total dollar amount, yes. As a percentage of GDP,
no. The deficit has actually been falling due to record
corporate tax revenues.

Clinton: Surplus. Bush: Deficit.
No, it's not.

It has been during Bush's term.
No, it's not.

It has been during Bush's term.
No, again.

It has been during Bush's term.
The Democrats filibustered how many
budgets? They sure didn't mind doing that
for a Supreme Court Nominee.
They could have tried, but they didn't.

Um, you're changing the subject.
That's possible.

I certainly hope so.
than Sadamm has ever dreamed of killing.
[...]

You wish. It's the beginning of the end of the far right Crusading