    Any help please, I need the data in the hard disk

    Regards
    Eman

    mesa, Mar 3, 2009

  2. mesa

    peter Guest

    With the lack of detailed information we can only suggest that you start the
    system with the XP CD
    in place and perform a "repair" installation which should fix your startup
    problem .

    For more detailed help provide more details about system , any error
    messages and exactly where
    in the boot process does it stop??

    peter

    or disruptive,please ignore it.
    to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :)

    peter, Mar 3, 2009

  3. mesa

    Leonard Grey Guest

    "My car doesn't startup, any help?"

    Do you suppose that's enough information for a mechanic to offer advice?
    Particularly a mechanic who can't see your car?

    Your question does not contain all the required information needed for
    us to help you. Please re-write your question, this time make sure you
    have all the needed information and we'll try to help. This article:

    "How to ask a question"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

    will help you to create a question that is more likely to provide the
    help you are seeking.

    ---
    Leonard Grey
    Errare humanum est

    Leonard Grey, Mar 3, 2009
  4. mesa

    mesa Guest

    when I start the computer, it gives me that black window, with this sentence
    " start windows normally" and a counter starts from 29 till 0 and after 0
    the system halts

    mesa, Mar 4, 2009
  5. mesa

    nass Guest

    Did you tried to Start in Safe Mode? and what happened?
    Try to clean the dust inside the case and reset the Memory in their slots
    and make sure the connectors all firmly connected from and To the Motherboard.
    Do you hear the HDD spinning (noise been made by the HDD when it spin to
    read data?

    Do you smell a burning smell from the computer?
    HTH,
    nass
    ---
    http://www.nasstec.co.uk

    nass, Mar 4, 2009
  6. mesa

    Tim Meddick Guest

    I can only assume that, since his next post is about arabic keyboards, his
    problem went away again?

    --

    Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London.

    Tim Meddick, Mar 4, 2009
  7. mesa

    mesa Guest

    when the black screen appears, with the sentence " start windows normally"
    all the system halted , I cant even use the keyboard to choose the safe
    mode, I tried to restart the memory chips, and I took all the dust fro
    inside, and still the same problem, any other suggestions?

    mesa, Mar 7, 2009
  8. mesa

    mesa Guest

    it has nothing to do with arabic keyboard, because the arabic keyboard is
    for another computer

    mesa, Mar 7, 2009
  9. mesa

    nass Guest

    Try this;
    How to fix a computer that won't start
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/support/nostart.mspx

    Or Perform a Repair Installation by reading the info below
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx

    How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341

    How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if a later version of
    Internet Explorer is installed
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964

    nass, Mar 7, 2009
  10. mesa

    mesa Guest

    Hi Nass,
    now the computer starts but after starting up I got a blue screen with this
    error message" A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to
    prevent damage to your computer" and it stops here, how to deal with this
    error.

    Thank u and appreciate your help

    mesa, Mar 8, 2009
  11. mesa

    nass Guest

    Okay Mesa,
    Does it say anything else beside this Warnning something like an error Code
    or a system file didn't pass the test?

    You need to start with Last good known configuration and see if that will
    help you log in and restore the system or check for an errors?

    Disconnect all external devices may attached to the machine and see if that
    will help.

    Last option is to create a boot up CD/Disk and try recovery console.
    Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1 Utility: Setup Disks for Floppy
    Boot Instal
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E9-28FA-40E8-8EC2-631504EF5E26&displaylang=en

    Windows XP Home Edition Utility: Setup Disks for Floppy Boot Instal
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...68-6E4F-471C-B455-BD5AFEE126D8&displaylang=en

    HTH,
    nass
    ---
    http://www.nasstec.co.uk

    nass, Mar 8, 2009
  12. mesa

    mesa Guest

    It says:
    Technical information:
    STOP: 0x0000008E (0X0000005, OXF21958B3, 0XF7DF9968, 0X00000000)
    00001214 - ADDRESS F21958B3 BASE AT F2195000, DATESTAMP 494ecb6d
    beginning dump of physical memory
    Dumping physical memory to disk: ( counter from 1-100 and then the system
    halts) and says contact your system administrator or technical support group
    for rfurther assistance..

    Thanks

    mesa, Mar 8, 2009
  13. mesa

    mesa Guest

    As well as I have windows XP service pack 2 on my system and I don’t have
    floppies to use as boot disk, just CD's, so how can I make a bbot cd on
    another computer ( with Vista on ) to make a boot CD for windows XP?

    mesa, Mar 8, 2009
  14. mesa

    nass Guest

    Hi Mesa,
    Did you try to start in Safe Mode?
    A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222
    The error can be caused by many things like Bad/mismatch RAM or bad
    Motherboard and you can test by moving the HDD to another machine and see if
    it will start, if it did then it mean the Motherboard is gone!!!
    If you have Two diffrenet kind of RAM try to start with one module/make and
    see if that will help you to start and reach the Desktop.
    Bad Network Card or Video Card can cause this eorr message.

    Download Ultimate Boot CD and read the instructions:
    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

    About creating Boot CD on a Vista read this: you can slipstream your VLK-CD
    in Vista, if you are using the "XPslipper" tool in compatibility mode of
    Windows XP how the picture shows
    http://www.winsupportforum.de/forum...-cd-integrieren-xpslipper-slipstream-sp3.html

    Microsoft TechNet Forum
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com.../thread/976a4824-9706-49dd-a39f-8df8050cff12/

    How to Create a Bootable Windows XP Setup Disk on a Preinstalled / Preloaded
    Windows System
    http://www.howtohaven.com/system/createwindowssetupdisk.shtml

    HTH,
    nass
    ---
    http://www.nasstec.co.uk

    nass, Mar 8, 2009
  15. mesa

    mesa Guest

    Hi,
    I tried the safe mode,I tried most of the options, and all I got is black
    screen with four safe mode words on the four corners, and a blue rectangle
    in the middle says" Out of Range" , I managed to get into the task manager
    window by pressing ctl+alt+del.
    I have another Windows Xp service pack 2 PC, can I make a boot cd from that
    computer?

    mesa, Mar 9, 2009
  16. mesa

    mesa Guest

    I couldn’t manage even to go to the DOS prompt, but if I can, is there any
    possibility to copy the data from the hard disk to a USB and then format the
    computer?

    mesa, Mar 9, 2009
  17. mesa

    nass Guest

    "mesa" wrote:

    > I couldn’t manage even to go to the DOS prompt, but if I can, is there any
    > possibility to copy the data from the hard disk to a USB and then format the
    > computer?
    >
    > "mesa" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > I tried the safe mode,I tried most of the options, and all I got is black
    > > screen with four safe mode words on the four corners, and a blue rectangle
    > > in the middle says" Out of Range" , I managed to get into the task
    > > manager window by pressing ctl+alt+del.
    > > I have another Windows Xp service pack 2 PC, can I make a boot cd from
    > > that computer?

    So, you get into Safe Mode? Did you get the taskbar or just the Writing for
    For Safe Mode in the corners of the window? If you didn't get the Start
    Button, try to press the Windows Key and the R to open the run command and
    type in it this command to restore your machine:

    %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

    How to start the System Restore tool by using the safe mode option with the
    Command prompt in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449/

    If that didn't help then try to attach this HDD as Slave to another XP
    machine and rescue the data by hooking this HDD to USB enclourse.

    Data Recovery Tutorial: How to Slave a Hard Drive
    http://www.dtidata.com/resourcecenter/2007/04/23/how-to-slave-hard-drive/

    HTH,
    nass
    ---
    http://www.nasstec.co.uk

    nass, Mar 9, 2009
  18. mesa

    mesa Guest

    I managed to install Windows vista, and the computer is working now, but the
    problem is that I lost all data, is there anyway to restore the data in my
    previous " my document" because when installing Windows Vista it doesn’t
    give me any warning that all the data will be lost? any help please

    mesa, Mar 11, 2009
  19. mesa

    nass Guest

    Mesa
    Did you performed a Clean install of Vista?
    If you did then you lost the data and the programs been installed!

    If you did install Vista as a second OS then you may be able to rescue the
    data.
    Let me know what you exactly performed.
    nass

    nass, Mar 11, 2009
  20. mesa

    mesa Guest

    Hi Nass,
    I think I did a clean install, and that was because the installation gave me
    just this option and the other option was inactive, I'm not 100% sure, if
    wasn’t a clean install what should I do to restore my data?

    mesa

    mesa, Mar 12, 2009