URGENT!!!MSN Messenger, Net Meeting, no one can hear me!

Jamie

I recently reformatted my computer, for some reason I
cannot be heard on MSN Messenger, nor Net Meeting. I have
run all sound tests and trouble shooters and my system
says everything is running and working well. Audio Tuning
Wizards worked well in both cases. I hear people I talk to
but they cannot hear me! I turned off my firewall, anti
virus, tried all kinds of things and still I cannot be
heard. This is crucial as I am an Internet Safety Officer
and I counsel victims on Net Meeting and Messenger with
voice chats. I was able to be heard on Yahoo Messenger,
and Pal Talk, and IRC, so this appears to be a Microsoft
or MSN issue on my brand new Dell only waaaaaa : ( Can
anyone help? Net Meeting is my main concern, and since it
comes with XP, you cannot uninstall it and redownload it,
I just don't understand it. I have Soundblasters best
sound card, DirectX 9, and everything else works very
well, it's just MSN Messenger and Net Meeting that are the
problem...Please can someone help? This is very important
to me, I need help very quickly and badly. I would be
forever in your debt if anyone could help. I have done all
I know and I am not a computer dummy lol, this one has me
stumped!
Thank you for your time, please e mail me and if you can
help I will be so grateful:

Jamie

Isaac Amarel

A strange solution for NetMeeting that worked for one of my correspondents
(with also a new Dell computer) is: turning ON
the Windows XP firewall ! (control panel- network connections- right click
your connection- properties- advanced tab- check internet connection
firewall). Don't ask me why but that was the fix for the audio problem
he had on NetMeeting: he could hear people but they couldn't hear him
It seems illogical but since it worked, it is worth a try. This fix didn't
help audio in MSN messenger 6 or 6.1
Good luck.
-
Isaac Amarel
(e-mail address removed)
Delete " protect- " to get my correct e-mail address.

Jamie

Dear Isaac;

Thank you so much for your quick response, I found out it
was a firewall issue but not the XP firewall. I did fix
the problem and I thank you sincerely for your help.
Should you need any help in future I would be happy to
return the favor, I may be a woman and yes I did have to
come here for help, but I am usually pretty smart when it
comes to computers, so if I can ever help you in return I
would be more than happy to do so.

Sincerly and again, thank you;
Jamie

scottdc

Isaac said:
Greetings Jamie,
You are welcome
--

"Jamie" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
[...]

.

Hello:
I know believe i had the same frustration as you..Infact I read abou
your situation while trying to find a solution for mine.

one of the things that bothered me is that when i used the set-u
wizard everything worked fine. and whan i did an Audio meetin
everything still worked fine. but when i wanted to do a vide
conference i was not putting out any Audio and there was a red circl
that was crossed out where the adjustment for my Mic volume was.
well this was driving me nuts also.
so I switched Webcams with the person that i was having a vide
conference with. Guess what...he now had the same problem.
O.K. the problem has to be with the camera? NOPE IT'S NOT
Let me explain.. the camera that was putting out sound was a Old lowe
priced Creative webcam that had the Mic as part of the camera.
the Webcam that gave problems was a "Creative Go Live!" webcam, wher
the Mic pluged into the soundcard and the camera goes to the USB.
So i researched some of the camera websites for issues and found tha
the software that comes with the camera needs to be configured fo
"audio" in order to function properly with MSN Meeting.
here's the Link for what I found
http://dmzweb3.europe.creative.com/...SET=ws:http://us.creative.com/,Case=obj(7067)
And here's how I did the repair.
First make sure that ALL OTHER PROGRAMS ARE CLOSED.
goto "start"-"Programs"-"Creative"-"Creative webcam"-"Creative webcam center"
On the top tool bar select "TOOLS"-SETTINGS".
Select the "CAPTURE" tab on the settings screen that you just opened
Select "Video Capture" in the left column.
Now on the right side of the settings screen you should see options
for audio settings. "Include Audio", "Audio Device", "Audio Compressor"
& "Audio Format"
My setting choices for each setting were as follows:
checked the box for "Include Audio"
chose the port that the Mic is pluged into for the webcam for "Audio Device".
Chose PCM for "Audio Compressor"
Chose 44,100Hz for "Audio Format"
after I made the settings I verified that i was able to "Capture" a
video with audio useing the "Web Cam Center". after I my test capture
was successful. I closed the program than opened MSN Meeting and MSN
Meeting worked properly.