Urgent help needed--flickering/dying screen

G

Just yesterday i left my laptop (xp home editon) unplugged for too long and it ran out of power. So i quickly plugged it back into the wall and it charger up too 100% like normal. then today, i go and use it and the screen is flickering slightly. It annoyed me so i restarted my computer. The flickering contiuned and started to become more intense. 3mins later the screen of my laptop went black/blank with just a faint outline of the program running in the center of the scree. I restarted again but it keeps happening. Also, when i close the lid of my laptop it goes on standby and once i open it up again its back to normal for another 3mins until it flickers and goes black again

A few things: i no this is not a virus because i was able to run anti-virus and it found nothin
i no this is not related to spyware of any kind for the same reason as abov
my computer technically still works because the programs are still running, just nothing can be see
i no this has nothing to do with the power cord itself as i have 2 chargers and the problem occurs on bot

can someone please help??

G

sounds like a hardware problem to me, some older toshibas are known for this and there is a fix you can do
then again it could be the power saver trying to conserve battery...try taking out the battery and running on a/c only or completely disable the powersaver features.

C

C.Joseph Drayton

Hi John,

If you can plug in an external monitor and it works properly, then I would check the inverter and/or back light.

Ciao . . .
C.Joseph

++ Let know man judge me until . . .
he has walked the road I have . . .
in the shoes I've worn. ++

http://kalek1.home.mindspring.com

Ask a Question