[Update] Weather Watcher 5.6.6

Allan Higdon

Weather Watcher is your personal Windows desktop weather station.
Automatically retrieve the current conditions, hourly forecast, daily
forecast, detailed forecast, severe weather alerts, and weather maps for
over 77,000 cities world-wide. The current conditions can be quickly
viewed by holding your mouse pointer over the Weather Watcher system tray
icon.

Latest Changes:

ADDED: New template codes for download and updated times ([DOWNLOADED
DATETIME], [UPDATED DATETIME])
ADDED: New template codes for wind gust only ([WIND GUST], [WIND GUST
PLAIN])
ADDED: Sunset/sunrise times to "DAY" tab of Splendid forecast skin
ADDED: "Set tray icon to Italic when update attempt fails" option in "Auto
Update" tab of Weather Watcher Options window
ADDED: Splendid forecast skin option to display a red thermometer when
above freezing, and a blue thermometer when below freezing
CHANGED: Splendid forecast skin options are applied when options window is
closed
CHANGED: Spendid forecast skin "MOON" tab now shows moon for current day
CHANGED: Reordered items in "DAY" tab mouse-overs of Splendid forecast skin
FIXED: Repositioned Splendid forecast skin barometer gauge mouse-over
FIXED: Weather Watcher was not remembering screen position when restarted
FIXED: Can now set Weather Watcher tray icon to "Always show"
FIXED: "Browse..." buttons in "Export" and "Log" tabs of the Weather
Watcher Options window were not correctly showing the selected path
FIXED: Due to an IE security setting, the thermometer and barometer gauges
were not displaying for some users

Home Page: http://www.singerscreations.com/AboutWeatherWatcher.asp
Download: http://download.betanews.com/download/968135049/WW566SETUP.EXE

--
"Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it."
~ Flannery O'Connor

"The moral rot of political correctness runs deep today in both national
parties."
~ Patrick J. Buchanan

Allan Higdon

</snip>

Weather Watcher is NOT freeware - it bundles WhenU MALWARE!!!!

The setup file for which I posted the download link has absolutely no
malware.

--
"Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it."
~ Flannery O'Connor

"The moral rot of political correctness runs deep today in both national
parties."
~ Patrick J. Buchanan

Slarty

The setup file for which I posted the download link has absolutely no
malware.

And neither does the application, which I have used over several version
revisions for about three or four years.

Cheers,

Roy

Steven Burn

Slarty said:
And neither does the application, which I have used over several version
revisions for about three or four years.

They state quite clearly on their website that it's included in the setup!

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Allan Higdon

They state quite clearly on their website that it's included in the
setup!

Whatever they state on their website, it's clearly *NOT* included in the
setup file hosted by BetaNews.

Read the reviews:
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Weather_Watcher/968135049/1

--
"Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it."
~ Flannery O'Connor

"The moral rot of political correctness runs deep today in both national
parties."
~ Patrick J. Buchanan

Susan Bugher

Steven said:
They state quite clearly on their website that it's included in the setup!

Program: Weather Watcher
Author: Singer's Creations (Mike Singer)
Ware: (Donationware) (free) available with and without bundled Adware
http://www.singerscreations.com/
http://www.singerscreations.com/AboutWeatherWatcher.asp

There's a choice of downloads with a list of the included "Features":

FULL SETUP
http://www.singerscreations.com/WWsetup.exe
2.19 MB

BUNDLE SETUP
The added extras include: 7 bonus forecast/interface skins and WhenU
SaveNow (targeted contextual ads)
http://www.singerscreations.com/WWsetup2.exe
2.50 MB

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Slarty

They state quite clearly on their website that it's included in the setup!

And you also get the opportunity *not* to install the adware when you first
run the installer. But you do have to read this choice to make it. It would
soon become very obvious if it were nevertheless installed.

Cheers,

Roy

Steven Burn

Sorry for the delay folks ... I'd not realized there was a dist without the
WhenU crap, however (continued inline)

Slarty said:
setup!

And you also get the opportunity *not* to install the adware when you first
run the installer. But you do have to read this choice to make it. It would
soon become very obvious if it were nevertheless installed.

That's besides the point .... point is, it has no business being there in
the first place. Toolbars (i.e. Irfanview) is one thing - blatant malware is
quite another.

--
Regards

Steven Burn