Unsent messages

Jane

Today, the Microsoft tech support helped me set up Win Mail. The email
mesages come in but I can not respond. An error message comes up and it
stays in the outbox. I called my cable service and they said to call my DSL
provider. My cable is hooked up at home and my DSL is hooked up on my new
laptop with
Vista at a vacation spot. Is this true or do I just need to call back tech
support at Microsoft?
--
JanieJane

Gary VanderMolen said:
Glad to hear of your positive experience with the WLM upgrade.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

MH said:
Gary, thanks so much. I did download and install Windows Live Mail, and have
received and sent emails. So I am no longer locked up in the Outbox.

When I opened Live Mail, I had not only current mail, but 12 messages from
July and August that were deleted long ago (I thought). But things have
definitely improved. Let's hope it last.

Gary VanderMolen said:
We could have told you that upgrading Vista would have no effect.
But I would advise you to upgrade Windows Mail to Windows
Live Mail (it's free):
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

I applied the fix 941090 and when I went to delete the message that has hung
up my Outbox I got the message "Message could not be displayed." When I
actually hit "delete" the message "An unknown error has occurred." I still
cannot send email--all messages are stopped in the Outbox. I have had this
problem for four months now. I upgraded from Home Basic to Home Premium,
hoping this would help. It did nothing. HELP!

MH

:

It's hard to tell from your description but I assume you have a
message stuck in the Outbox which you are not able to delete.
You can use Microsoft's new fix for that problem:

Gary VanderMolen

I have had the same problems. I can't even use my Yahoo mail account either.
I had a Geek Squad person come out and was told that I wasn't online. I could
receive e-mail but not send. I deleted what ever I could delete. I also have
a wireless connection as my computer is just two months old. I am very
disgusted with the whole thing. The Geek man told me that I wasn't online. He
adjusted my lines and rebooted and lo and behold, it started working. That
was one week ago. Today I am having the same problems.

If your outgoing server connects through port 25, the connection is often
blocked if it goes through some other internet provider before it gets to
the internet provider that has that server. This is intended to cause
trouble for spammers.

You may need to create a second email account under Windows Mail,
using your DSL provider's outgoing email server, and use that account
to send the replies.

MH said:
[...]

Bev

Windows is saying I've have unsent messages in my outbox, I
would like to get rid of the it, How can I do this, I've have
tried, yes, no, cancel, and it still continually pops up, it is
very annoying.

Thanks Bev

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Bev @, (e-mail address removed)" <Bev @,
(e-mail address removed)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Windows is saying I've have unsent messages in my outbox, I
would like to get rid of the it, How can I do this, I've have
tried, yes, no, cancel, and it still continually pops up, it is
very annoying.

Thanks Bev

Have you bone to your Outbox and tried to delete them?

Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a computer
that is running Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090
It also works on other folders.

Joe

Karen said:
OK I'm finally out of ideas and would love some help here. Windows mail again
is saying I've unsent messages in the outbox and it will not send them. I've
set up new email account, downloaded utility from Steve and Gary, Deleted all
outbox messages and still nothing happening! Ideas solutions, please
Karen

I am finding the email failure are due to situations Microsoft Vista
is sensitive to virus protection softwares and not all email will reject just
some. I have Norton
I complained to Norton. A Norton tech removed the anti virus and to my
surprise it still kicked back emails. I call IP and the ping my system
connection it worked fine. HP won't talk to me unless I pay $79.00. Microsoft
said I have talk to HP because they install the Microsoft software. everyone
is passing the buck. I think Vista Windows Mail has un resolved issues with
Anti- virus programs.
I have done this because I have to much stored in memory. You may want
to attempt this save all you want to keep. Insert your Vista reboot repair
disk add your software one at a time. then send an email till you come across
the program that disrupts your email. Or buy XP and dump Vista

Joe said:
[...]

Email scanning should be turned off in any anti-virus. Also exclude EML
files from the scan. It provides no protection not provided by the regular
resident protection.
Besides that, McAfee and Norton are not compatible with Windows Mail and
Outlook Express and should be uninstalled. The latest version of Trend's
anti-virus seems to be causing problems too.

Gary VanderMolen

We need more details.
If you get an error message, right-click on the error message, copy,
then paste it into a reply here.

janworthen

Karen said:
OK I'm finally out of ideas and would love some help here. Windows mail again
is saying I've unsent messages in the outbox and it will not send them. I've
set up new email account, downloaded utility from Steve and Gary, Deleted all
outbox messages and still nothing happening! Ideas solutions, please
Karen

lazar727

I too have done and downloaded every thing and I can only send with Pando or
google. For awhile I could send with Yahoo, but that doesn't work either. I
am downloading everything to prepare to reloading
vista. At least this works, so far.

lazar727

I can send in Yahoo and Google and You Tube. I cann not send in Mail, or any
of my other programs that use Vista mail. Is there a way to make my other
programs to use Yahoo instead of mail. It is too bad because mail is my
favorite program.
does Microsoft pay any attention to these complaints?

Gary VanderMolen

Windows Mail works fine when you give it the correct setup information.
Which mail account did you try to set up, Yahoo? Post the complete
error message.

lazar727

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: [JustForFunForYou]
double-trouble-cats28.jpg', Account: 'email', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 445, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0E
I set up Windows mail and all the settings are correct, but Yahoo uses
Internet explorer.

lazar727 said:
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: [JustForFunForYou]
double-trouble-cats28.jpg', Account: 'email', Server:
'smtp.att.yahoo.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 445, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0E
I set up Windows mail and all the settings are correct, but Yahoo uses
Internet explorer.

I think Yahoo uses port 465 for the outgoing port.

Gary VanderMolen

Wrong SMTP port. Use 465 instead of 445.
The complete settings are here:
http://helpme.att.net/article.php?item=10707

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Gary VanderMolen said:
Windows Mail works fine when you give it the correct setup information.
Which mail account did you try to set up, Yahoo? Post the complete
error message.

lazar727

I tried 465, that didn't work either