unregmp2.exe error during install/repair

jwpirie

zero said:
*unregmp2.exe error - Entry Point Not Found

I had the same error.

I think the problem is caused by using a product activation ke
during the repair installation that is different than the one use
during the original installation.
In my case, when I could not find my original disk (I am sure I pu
it somewhere safe, but that was months ago), I used my son's CD.
I searched in vain for a window, dialog, tab, or pane that display
my original product key.
My question: how do I uncover the "product key" that I originall
used?
In any event, as previously suggested, wait out the repai
installation, and it will eventually boot through to the logi
screen.

jwpiri

jwpirie

Zero, the XP product ID may be on your physical machine. On my Del
desktop, the label bearing the XP ID was affixed under the "flap" o
the front of the box

jwpiri

Thanatos

Hi Guys,
I want to thank "ALL" of you for the posts. They saved me endles
frustration--If I could, I'd hug all of you, non sexualy of course :)
I just kept clicking on the "ok" button as suggested in the posts an
eventually the installation continued and the damn dialog went away.

Here's what I discovered about the cursed unregmp2.exe file. It belong
to media player. Here are a few links to the MS articles about th
executable.

http://tinyurl.com/2yurg

http://tinyurl.com/2v3nh

As I was writing this article, XP finished installation and I logged o
successfully. Whoo, hoo! Thanks again, guys.

Thanato

Thanato

scientist232

It makes no sense--but this method works. Now if my heart will sto
pounding!
*I recieved that same message (unregmp2.exe) and clicked the O
button forever, realistically about 80 times before it went away.
was then greeted with another error window like the first. This tim
the error was "importdl.exe". I clicked OK and continued on. Th
repair will take another 20 min. or so. I'll report if there is an
more errors.

scientist23

semtex_69

All you have to do when you get this error message ( which normall
appears when re-installing windows, or updating components) is to clic
ok, and leave for a while, usually 5 to 10 minutes and it shoul
continue with the set-up process. Don't forget to do your window
updates though.

=?Utf-8?B?TmlnZWw=?= said:
*Hi Cerridwen,
Both David A and I are trying to reinstall Windows XP. Thi
unregmp2.exe file is something to do with music/entertainment,
think....Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Nigel

----- Cerridwen wrote: -----

What is it you're trying to install, exactly? I don't recognise the
executable.

semtex_6

I received a reponse from Microsoft that worked.
When the problem occurs, press Shift +F10 to bring up the
command prompt. Then type taskmgr.exe in the DOS window
and press Enter. The Task Manager should be started. If
not, try to press C+Shift+ESC. In the Task Manager
program, select the error messsage window in the
application list and click "End Task". In the process
list, terminate the unregmp2.exe program. Exit the DOS
prompt window and resume the installation process.

It worked like a champ first time!

MikeBreen

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

I had this same problem too, but now I cannot update XP pro. It tells
me there are no updates available, when I know there are tons. Any
ideas what I can do, or how to fix the unregmp2.exe problem?

MikeBreen

Patti MacLeod

Hi Mike,

If you were also receiving the "procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be
located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL" error, people seem to have
solved this error (not during reinstall, but when it would occur when trying
to access other applications) using either of these methods:

1) D/load and install MDAC 2.8
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6c050fe3-c795-4b7d-
b037-185d0506396c&DisplayLang=en

2) Rename msdart.dll to msdart32.dll

Regards,

Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

sIDnEY

Tom2847 said:
*I had the same problem when reinstalling XP SR1 and had hit th
button about 5 times before taking the break to check out this site.
I ran to another machine to get on the Internet and see what the dea
was. I read the earlier posts about clicking the "OK" 70 or 80 time
and went back to do that and found my install had finished. It seem
after the "OK" is hit it takes a while for the response so you ma
not have to hit it 70-80 times but just the once and then go get
drink ( stiff one if your legal).
Good luck to all. Hope it turns out as well for you as it did fo
me. :>) *

It is a time thing "Click Ok", walked away now it is loading. No
running, doing updates on line..........

-
sIDnE

eddie_jp

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQQ==?= said:
*I get the following error with unregmp2.exe during compnen
registration "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be locate
in the dynamic link library msdart.dll" and my only option is OK
error window immediately reappears, same problem. Is there
any way to avoid this problem or get install to continue around it? *

Make sure you perform Security Update for Microsoft Data Acces
Components (KB832483)" from Windows Update. That will solve th
problem.

I had the same problem before and tried reinstalling my WinXP Pro an
the applications that use MSDART.dll. None worked until I performe
the security update. Good luck!

Eddi

-
eddie_j

sunilkamavaram

Hi there

I am trying to upgrade my system from windows xp home to x
professional. I got two errors.

1.I get the following error with unregmp2.exe during compnen
registration "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located i
the dynamic link library msdart.dll"
I was able to getrid off this error by clicking on it and th
installation went on smoothly after that.

After installation when i was booting to windows xp professional, i go
this error

2.lsass.exe error box which says "Not Enough virtual memory or pagin
quota to complete the speicified operationa". After the error th
system restarts itself, and re-display the message, over and over.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem. I have linux a
second bootable option and i can see all the windows files from linux
What should i need to do to get windows xp login.

regards
sunil

-
sunilkamavara

Joe-Registry

Thank heavens for this forum.
I also used a different product key, the windows xp pro reinstall woul
not accept the valid key as per the sticker on my machine!!!!

Got this message about 15 times before searching for hints(throug
another machine)

Thanks to you wonderful posters was able to get on with the install.

My hugs and thanks, too :)

Cheers
Jo

-
Joe-Registr

jrch06

My friends:

I´m from Panama, and I had the same problem, and I try the Ok butto
like 120 times, and it advanced on the installation...I hope this don´
get my more troubles....
[

QUOTE]-Originally posted by Tom2847 -
*I had the same problem when reinstalling XP SR1 and had hit the butto
about 5 times before taking the break to check out this site. I ran t
another machine to get on the Internet and see what the deal was.
read the earlier posts about clicking the "OK" 70 or 80 times and wen
back to do that and found my install had finished. It seems after th
"OK" is hit it takes a while for the response so you may not have t
hit it 70-80 times but just the once and then go get a drink ( stif
one if your legal).
Good luck to all. Hope it turns out as well for you as it did for me
:>)

-
jrch0

udesilva

You saved my day!!
Thank you

*I know this isn't very technical, but I received the same messag
when doing a repair to Windows XP Home and I kept clicking on OK fo
about 3 or 4 minutes. It got past the unregmp2.exe error and bac
into Windows. Now I am running all the critical updates that woul
have been wiped out from doing the repair. I also received
rundll32.exe error (winsta.dll) when right clicking My Computer afte
doing the repair, but hopefully all will go away with the updates.

-
udesilv

stereocm

sIDnEY said:
*It is a time thing "Click Ok", walked away now it is loading. No
running, doing updates on line........... *

Clicking on it and walking away for 10 minutes didn't work for me bu
clicking on it repeateadly for 40 seconds did work. Go figure.

Ok just checked the computer again and got the blue screen of death.

"A problem has been detect and windows has been shut down to preven
problems to your computer."

I'll try reinstalling again I suppose

-
stereoc

Borrow A Geek

i came accross this same problem. but with my past experience wit
windows i kinda figured this one out on my own. hope it will hel
someone else in the future.

1: while the error message is still on screen
press [shift-F10] to bring up a dos box

2: type taskmgr [enter]

3 under processes end task on <unregmp2.exe>. close out
all your windows and click OK one final time on the error message, an
go on your merry way with the installation.

good luck!

Borrow -A- Geek

-
Borrow A Gee

jrusso

In reference to this Error:
unregmp2.exe entry point not found msdart.dll

I think I may have found an easy solution!

I was also upgrading from XP Home Edition to XP Professional on a DEL
Inspiron 9100 Laptop. When I got this error I clicked OK forty time
and became very upset.

I pressed and held down the Power button for a few seconds. Th
machine powered off.

I then re-started the Laptop. The XP Setup stated that it wa
"Re-starting the XP Setup" and then went on to complete th
installation properly with no further errors.

I figure that the first part of the installation had already copied th
proper unregmp2.exe and/or msdart.dll into the system allowing it t
complete properly the second time around.

Hope this helps someone from going crazy. And to all of you brav
souls out there... THANKS FOR THE HELP AND ADVICE!

Regards

-
jruss

dubt

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQQ==?= said:
*I get the following error with unregmp2.exe during compnen
registration "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be locate
in the dynamic link library msdart.dll" and my only option is OK
error window immediately reappears, same problem. Is there
any way to avoid this problem or get install to continue around it? *

Go to this site for the real fix to this problem.
http://tinyurl.com/5zbh

-
dub