Unreal Tournament 2004

Reaction score
Benn playing this for a while now. I bought the DVD edition which was a bit of a mistake sicne the DVD's are a bit faulty, but after 3 re-installs it seems to be playing great now.

I still don't think, all things considered, that it beats the orginal UT but it's getting there. The onsluaght mode is very cool indeed, what Halo could well have been.

A tip for imporved loading times that helped my online gaming enjoyment enourmously is to disable skin pre-loading in the options menu, this will also help if your suffering juddering as a result of not enough memory.

Anyone got it yet, got any thoughts, comments or tips? :cool:

Reaction score
This is a pretty sweet game. I might even go so far as to say it's better than the original UT. I might.

Onslaught mode is definitely a lot of fun, though I've found that certain vehicles (i.e. the goliath and the raptor) are far more useful than, say, the mantis. I'm not too good with the scorpion, but it certainly is a LOT of fun to just drive around, even if your team is losing power nodes and you are jumping off bridges.

Where the original game has it beat, though, is among other things the sniper rifle. Am I the only one who thinks the lightening gun is a complete pain to use? I have gotten like one kill with it in many many hours of playing.

I also think that for the incredibly slow loading times, the maps in the original game were as good as the ones in UT:2K4

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I thought the game was excellent when i first got my hands on it. But the more i played it, the less great it got.

I think it would have been much better if you didnt have to team up with AI controlled team mates. They should have done what they did with the first one, and make it so your on your own all the time.

Though the vehicles are fun, I must admit. The guns are great fun too, my fav is the Link gun at the moment.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Unreal Tournament 2004 Is A Fun Game, And It Doesn't Require A Lot To Run Every Thing Maxed Out (Graphics). I Like Assult Mode Although I Wish They Would Have Remade Some Levels From The Original UT. Onslaught Mode Is Cool. Game Looks Great, Sound Is Good.
Too Bad There Isnt A Sword Arena. So Far Mr.Crow Is My Favorite Character, And Insta-gibb Is My Favorite Mutator, Capture the Flag And Bombing run Are Excellent Game Modes.
But, I Miss Being Able To Acually Make Sense Of What The Bots Say, A Little Too Fuzzy When They Talk Unlike UT. Other Wise It Was Fun... Especially When I Get A "Wicked Sick" kill rating or The "Annoucer" Says "Holy s*(e-mail address removed)!" after killing gobs of people. I Play On Adept And Sometimes Godlike With Some Success. What Do Yall Play At?

Athlon xp 3000+
Geforce 5900xt 128mb
80 GB Harddrive
512 DDR 2700

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good grief, this thread is four months old :)

I don't have any problems running the game with everything maxed out, XP3200; 1 Gb memory; 9800 Pro.

I've played a little of the single player, but have mostly played online. Onslaught is great, I quite like being part of a tank team, even though your life is dependent on a complete stranger if you take the gunner's chair.

I haven't played this as much as I'd have liked to, CoD online seems to take up most of my online gaming time, although I must admit I'm beginning to get a little fed up with CoD lately.

After playing CoD so much, UT2004 deathmatch is so very, very, fast - makes me dizzy sometimes :D

One prob is trying to keep up with all the latest maps and mods, you gotta keep checking to get the latest stuff.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i never had a problem with the DVD version i actually like it since it has tutorials on how to make mods and other stuff, a little confusing acually. ive heard that the CD-Rom version uses 5 discs to install, DVD only uses 1 disc. amazing.

Ask a Question