(under Vista) Why Does Windows Mail (old Outlook Express) keep resetting to the 'Home Position'

JD

It also switches from the new message compose screen to the read new mail
screen while I am composing a new message about every 60 seconds. I thought
it might have something to do with the Microsoft wireless mouse and it's
latest hotfix which is supposed to stop the screensaver from saving the
screen, but no. It happens whether the usb wireless transmitter is inserted
or not (on a 60 second recurring basis).

Just one additional fact... I have the check for new mail set for every
minute and the 'connecting' message in the bottom right hand area of the
screen activates at the same time as the resetting.

Scott

http://getthunderbird.com
--
Scott http://angrykeyboarder.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
NOTICE: In-Newsgroup (and therefore off-topic) comments on my sig will
be cheerfully ignored, so don't waste our time.

DP

It also switches from the new message compose screen to the read new mail
screen while I am composing a new message about every 60 seconds.
have the check for new mail set for every
minute and the 'connecting' message in the bottom right hand area of the
screen activates at the same time as the resetting.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Any reason to think the two snippets above from your OP aren't related?
I'd say checking the mail every minute is a bit much. Is there a reason you
can check every five mins instead?

JD

Duh...

If that is the typical quality of the responses in this newsgroup, thanks
for doing your best. I've been doing this since before there was an
internet so have a nice life nospam.

Rock

It also switches from the new message compose screen to the read new mail
screen while I am composing a new message about every 60 seconds. I
thought it might have something to do with the Microsoft wireless mouse
and it's latest hotfix which is supposed to stop the screensaver from
saving the screen, but no. It happens whether the usb wireless
transmitter is inserted or not (on a 60 second recurring basis).

Just one additional fact... I have the check for new mail set for every
minute and the 'connecting' message in the bottom right hand area of the
screen activates at the same time as the resetting.

JD, I suggest you post to the newsgroup for windows mail.
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

mikeyhsd

simply set to not check mail till you ask it to.

here is NOTHING in the world so important to need mail every minute.
unless it is a drug deal notice.

you are lucky your isp has not kinked you off for doing this.

(e-mail address removed)

It also switches from the new message compose screen to the read new mail
screen while I am composing a new message about every 60 seconds. I thought
it might have something to do with the Microsoft wireless mouse and it's
latest hotfix which is supposed to stop the screensaver from saving the
screen, but no. It happens whether the usb wireless transmitter is inserted
or not (on a 60 second recurring basis).

Just one additional fact... I have the check for new mail set for every
minute and the 'connecting' message in the bottom right hand area of the
screen activates at the same time as the resetting.

DP

Look out, Mikey. I think JD is about to attack you the same way he did me for offering similar advice.
After I respond to his email, my view toward anything he asks is, screw him. I was seriously trying to offer some help and he decides to criticize my response. What a jerk.

[...]

Does that mean you won't be back on this newsgroup, JD?
I hope so. I was trying to offer some advice. The people who ask questions
here range from absolute newbies to well-experienced users. I had no way of
know which of those you were.
And now, I don't care.
If that's the typical tone of the response you give to people who are trying
to help you, then, screw you.

Gary VanderMolen

You are likely to 'hang' your mailbox on the mail server by checking it
that frequently. Once every 5 minutes should be frequent enough.

Gary VanderMolen

JD

Language like that in a Usenet forum is a sure sign of lack of adequate
vocabulary and protesting that you were really trying to offer advice says a
lot about the quality of the advice that was offered.

I'll be back to help you folks out if you promise to mend your ways.