unable to right click and "save target as" on files

dane parker

Any idea why I would be unable to right click and "save
target as" on my home computer when my laptop (work
computer) can? Both have identical security
configurations (as best as I can tell). The site I was
visiting specifically instructs users to right click
and "save target as" and it works fine on the laptop but
appears in light grey (eg: can't even select it) on my
home computer. Both are connected to a broadband
connection through the same wireless router.

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi,

I understand that the 'save target as' option is missing when you right
click on Internet explorer page.

Please find the cause and resolution to the issue in the article below:

Save Target As and Print Target Commands Are Unavailable
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];176316

The excerpt from the article:

To work around this behavior, use one of the following methods:
Method 1
Disable Content Advisor by following these steps in Internet Explorer:
1. In Internet Explorer 4, on the View menu, click Internet Options.

In Internet Explorer 5, Interntet Explorer 5.5 and Internet Explorer 6, on
the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. Click the Content tab.
3. Under Content Advisor, click Disable.
4. In the Password box, type the supervisor password, and then click OK.
5. When you receive the following prompt, click OK:
Content Advisor has been turned off. Make sure you turn it on again before
you allow someone else to use your computer.

Method 2
Click the HTML link to load the Web page, and then on the File menu, click
Save As or Print. This method assumes that the Web page successfully passes
through Content Advisor.

Hope the issue is resolved.

Thank you,

Rashmi