    Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I've tried Googling,
    but all I can find is articles on how to disable or restore WP&FV as
    the default viewer.

    Julie Miles, Aug 1, 2005

  2. Julie Miles

    John Inzer Guest

    Maybe the following links will be useful:

    Repair image file type associations in Windows XP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/imgassofix.htm

    Change the default image editor application,
    invoked from Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/imgeditor.htm

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! MVP

    John Inzer, Aug 2, 2005

  3. Julie Miles

    Julie Miles Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Maybe the following links will be useful:
    >
    > Repair image file type associations in Windows XP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/imgassofix.htm
    >
    > Change the default image editor application,
    > invoked from Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/imgeditor.htm

    Thanks for the links, John - I thought the second looked like exactly
    what I needed, but it didn't work. PSP 9 was already set for the
    registry key specified, and there's no change to the behaviour of the
    "Open for editing" button in WP&FV.

    Julie Miles, Aug 2, 2005
  4. Julie Miles

    John Inzer Guest

    "Julie Miles" wrote:
    > Thanks for the links, John - I thought the second looked like exactly
    > what I needed, but it didn't work. PSP 9 was already set for the
    > registry key specified, and there's no change to the behaviour of the
    > "Open for editing" button in WP&FV.

    ===============================
    What program do you want to open when
    you click the *Edit* button in Windows Picture
    and Fax Viewer?

    I thought you did *not* want PSP9?

    You have to set it to the program you *do* want.

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! MVP

    John Inzer, Aug 2, 2005
  5. >> it opens the "Move Items" dialog box. When I click Cancel, the Move Items
    >> dialog closes and the "Copy Items" dialog opens... a

    CAUSE

    The Copy to and Move to Folder options weren't designed to be on the context
    menu. For a complete explanation, see this page - by Raymond Chen [MS]

    The Old New Thing : What goes wrong when you add "Copy To" to the context
    menu:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/02/02/66160.aspx

    Problem will be resolved once these context entries are removed. The entry
    might be present here:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ AllFilesystemObjects \ shellex \ ContextMenuHandlers

    NOTE: Before you modify a registry key, make a backup by exporting to a REG
    file.

    Delete these two items:
    {C2FBB630-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}
    {C2FBB631-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}

    {C2FBB630-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13} is the Microsoft CopyTo Service
    {C2FBB631-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13} is the Microsoft MoveTo Service

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    Ramesh, MS-MVP, Aug 2, 2005
  6. Julie Miles

    Julie Miles Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > "Julie Miles" wrote:
    > > Thanks for the links, John - I thought the second looked like exactly
    > > what I needed, but it didn't work. PSP 9 was already set for the
    > > registry key specified, and there's no change to the behaviour of the
    > > "Open for editing" button in WP&FV.

    > ===============================
    > What program do you want to open when
    > you click the *Edit* button in Windows Picture
    > and Fax Viewer?
    >
    > I thought you did *not* want PSP9?
    >
    > You have to set it to the program you *do* want.

    Sorry for the confusion... yes, I *do* want the edit button to invoke
    PSP9, but that's the program that was already specified in the
    registry key.

    Julie Miles, Aug 6, 2005
  7. Julie Miles

    Julie Miles Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > >> it opens the "Move Items" dialog box. When I click Cancel, the Move Items
    > >> dialog closes and the "Copy Items" dialog opens... a

    > CAUSE
    >
    > The Copy to and Move to Folder options weren't designed to be on the context
    > menu. For a complete explanation, see this page - by Raymond Chen [MS]
    >
    > The Old New Thing : What goes wrong when you add "Copy To" to the context
    > menu:
    > http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/02/02/66160.aspx
    >
    > Problem will be resolved once these context entries are removed. The entry
    > might be present here:
    >
    > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ AllFilesystemObjects \ shellex \ ContextMenuHandlers
    >
    > NOTE: Before you modify a registry key, make a backup by exporting to a REG
    > file.
    >
    > Delete these two items:
    > {C2FBB630-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}
    > {C2FBB631-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}
    >
    > {C2FBB630-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13} is the Microsoft CopyTo Service
    > {C2FBB631-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13} is the Microsoft MoveTo Service

    Thank you... I deleted those two keys, and the Edit button no longer
    brings up the Move/Copy dialog boxes... the bad news is that now it
    just does nothing at all ;-(.

    Julie Miles, Aug 6, 2005
  8. Julie,

    Which file-type is causing the problem? Can you export this key and post the
    info here?

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image]

    It's also possible that a third-party shell extension is blocking the
    function. In that case, I'd investigate using ShellExView utility. More on
    that is available here: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm (follow
    Method 2)

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    Ramesh, MS-MVP, Aug 6, 2005
  9. Julie Miles

    John Inzer Guest

    "Julie Miles" wrote:
    > Sorry for the confusion... yes, I *do* want
    > the edit button to invoke PSP9, but that's
    > the program that was already specified in
    > the registry key.

    ================================
    If the info from Ramesh does not
    solve the issue, try the following link:

    Change the default image editor
    application, invoked from Windows
    Picture and Fax Viewer
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/imgeditor.htm

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! MVP
    How to ask a newsgroup question:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

    John Inzer, Aug 6, 2005
  10. Julie Miles

    Guest Guest

    RE: Unable to open image editing program from Windows Picture & Fax Vi

    Before installing PS CS2, I would have a selection pop up (generated with a
    populated list of programs) to edit or open an image . Now, unless I already
    have PS opened, it will not even show PS as a program to edit I have when
    browsing when I want to work on an image. I never had this problem with PS7.
    Any suggestions?
    --
    Appreciate any advice you can offer.

    photolady7 ()

    Guest, Oct 16, 2005
  11. Julie Miles

    Guest, Oct 16, 2005
  12. Julie Miles

    Guest Guest

    RE: Unable to open image editing program from Windows Picture & Fa

    Sorry for the P.S. Please email or notify me if anyone has any answers to

    Guest, Oct 16, 2005