From: "janet" <[email protected]>
Subject: unable to monitor USB001
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:22:46 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

I have a PC with two printer set up on it. The printer
connected through the printer port works fine. The
printer connected through the USB port gets the "Unable to
monitor USB001". We are using W2K PCs. Any suggestions?
--

Janet,

What make/model printer is it? Are we able to print to the printer even though we are getting this message? Do we have
"Enable bidirectional support" selected in the properties of the printer? If we simply want to stop the message and "Enable
bidirectional support" is selected try unselecting it to see what happens.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Janet

Both printers are HP. One is a Seskjet 12220C and the
other a LaserJet 1200. The DeskJet 1220 (USB connected)
gets the error and doesn't print at all. I can go and
double check that "Enable bidirectional support" is
selected however both printer print if they are connected
through the parallel port. I will let you know what
happens. Thanks!
[...]

newsgroup/thread

Janet

When I went to check the printer settings the user told be
it started to work. He was not why it started to work.
Thank you for your help.