Unable to complete update 0x80240025

Discussion in 'Spyware Discussion' started by Guest, Feb 22, 2006.

    Maybe it's caused by zone alarm? Very generic error. What port is it trying
    to connect on?

    Guest, Feb 22, 2006

    plun Guest

    Hi

    Can you reach Windowsupdate ?

    http://update.microsoft.com/

    It´s svchost.exe service which then updates WD

    --
    plun

    plun, Feb 22, 2006

    A company registry setting kept me from windows update. I've removed the
    registry setting and can now connect.

    Thank you,
    Jason

    Guest, Feb 22, 2006

    plun Guest

    Hi

    gpedit, maybe your admin will hang you ;)

    --
    plun

    plun, Feb 22, 2006
  5. If they implement WSUS, see if you can get them to authorize the signature
    updates, which are available via WSUS if the admins enable the new class of
    updates.

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 23, 2006