Two Monitors

Reaction score
Can someone please advise me....... I was recently given a Radeon X1900GT graphics card with 2 monitor output sockets and was thinking of using 2 monitors especially for use with my Cakewalk Sonar Recording software. I have one wide screen monitor and one standard "square" monitor and was hoping to use them with the Radeon graphics card. I would use the wide screen to view the recorded tracks and mixing desk and the square monitor to open and view the effects units used on the tracks. But, a friend told me that both monitors have to be the same format because the resolution settings have to be the same, therefore a wide screen will not work with a square monitor. If this is the case, is there any way round this problem without having to buy another wide screen monitor?
Thanks.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
its a very old card, but it might work.... Try it. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The monitors can, and will, be set-up independent of one another ... just make sure to set the 'native' resolution for each monitor. :)

Max Monitors Supported = 2
2 x DVI-I - 29 pin combined DVI
1 x VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) ( with adapter )
1 x VIVO ( on supplied cable )
1 x S-video output ( on supplied cable )
1 x HDTV output ( on supplied cable )
1 x composite video output - RCA ( on supplied cable )

:user:

Ask a Question