Trying to get my new laptop to recognise an external drive.

My old laptop got trashed so i got a new one. I then went out and got a new
one yesterday, toshiba p200-17c, running centino duo with 2048 ram.
The old laptop would not boot up, and i have salvaged the 60gig hard drive.
I am trying to get my new laptop to recognise the new drive.
I bought an enclosure for the drive and connected it via usb. The drivers
for the old drive were found and loaded but i cannot find the drive.
The drive contains all my photos, videos and itunes.

Please help

Dave.

Dominic Payer

Some external enclosures are not Vista compatible. Check that the one you
have is compatible.

Why would your old laptop not boot? Was it the laptop itself or the drive
which had gone bad?

"help with vista and old drive" <help with vista and old
news:[email protected]...

it does not show up in disk management but it does show up in device manager
but with no details