Triplex Ti4600 Review

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow! This doesn’t look like an ordinary graphics card! This version of the Ti4600 by Triplex is based on a Silver layer PCB, supposedly reducing electrical interference and improving heat dissipation (but I think its just eye candy for the most part!)

<center>
</center>

Read the full review here

Attachments

• triplex4600.jpg
    triplex4600.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,463

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
nice

Well it's certainly a looker! The big question of course is whether plating the PCB tracks and other items improves performance? It's a shame that review didn't do a direct comparison test against a standard 'non silver' model.

I also noticed early on in the review that the original PCB tracks were covered in 'a silver coloured metal' presumably implying the metal used wasn't real silver. Yet thereafter this feature is referred to as 'silver'. Hmmm.

So we only have the manaufacturer's claims that the 'silver' coating on tracks, GPU & RAM sinks improves performance.

Performance issues aside, it's a really fine vid card. But would you pay the extra for features that probably won't get seen in use and a smart looking mini-briefcase that'll probably end up in the cupboard once the card's installed.

Unless, of course, you got a nice big window in the side of your case and some good internal lighting. Might make sense then. And I suppose you could take your sandwiches to work/college/school in the case....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure what difference this will make either, apart from aesthetics! I've e-mailed them, and I'll see if I can get a review sample (then we'll be able to find out the real benefits/flaws with the silver layer!)

Ask a Question