AMD Radeon R9 Nano Versus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Legit Reviews have pitted the AMD Radeon R9 Nano graphics card against the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 in their latest review - here's a snippet:

When the AMD Radeon R9 Nano graphics card received a price cut yesterday we were excited about it as the third card based on AMD’s Flagship Fiji GPU core was frankly overpriced and AMD was hoping that people were willing to pay a premium to have a small card. The problem is that gamers care more about performance than anything and at $649 they could get either the Radeon R9 Nano or the GeForce GTX 980 Ti. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti beats every card in the Fiji lineup, so the Radeon R9 Nano never really stood much of a chance on the performance front. So, after being on the market for four months the folks at AMD finally decided to slash the price by $150 and that brings the MSRP of the Nano down to $499. With the AMD Radeon R9 Nano priced at $499 that means it is now in the same price category as most NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 video cards. That is not so good news for those that already bought one, but it is a great opportunity for those that have not to get possibly the best performing graphics card at the $499 price point.

nano-versus-gtx980.jpg

Read the full review here.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have a big R9 Nitro ... it was a lot cheaper. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Prices at OCUK - the AMD Nano about £400, the Nvidia 980 a bit more expensive (average price £430).

Which makes the titchy AMD Nano something of a decent proposition. If, that is, AMD have sorted out the crap drivers that have plagued them for years (with particular emphasis on the AMD Linux 3D drivers).

Ask a Question