    --
    Thanks,
    CG

    Guest, Mar 3, 2007

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Do you have a card reader?

    If so, plug it in and copy from HD to card which is inserted in your reader.

    If no card reader and want to copy to card in camera, plug in camera and copy
    back to the card in camera.................maybe!

    Does your camera show up in My Computer as a Camera, Hard Drive or as a
    removable storage device?

    How and where to copy depends upon how Windows sees your Camera.

    Windows sees my camera as a camera and I cannot copy pictures directly to the
    card so I use a USB card reader.

    If I install the software that comes with the camera, Windows sees it as a Hard
    Drive and I can copy to a folder on that drive.

    Note: some cameras will not recognize photos that have been edited then copied
    back to the camera.

    If you have edited and just want them back on the card to take to Walmart or
    similar outlet for printing, that is OK.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Mar 3, 2007

    Gord,
    Thanks for the reply. The problem is ...I take the disk out of my camera
    and put it in a slot (SSD/MMC) in my computer. I upload the pics to my
    computer. I then put the card back in the camera, and deleted the pics on
    the card. So now I want to put the pics back to the card. So, I put the
    card back into the slot in the computer and tried to send them back into the
    card. But it won't work.
    --
    Thanks,
    CG

    Guest, Mar 3, 2007

    Gord Dibben Guest

    I assume the SSD/MMC slot is an internal card reader.

    "Tried to send them back" using what type of command or steps?

    With my USB external card reader these are my steps to transfer pictures back to
    SD Card.

    1. Remove SD card from camera. Place SD card in slot on reader.

    2. Plug in reader to USB port. Reader is 12-in-1 so I get 4 new
    drives(removable media) in My Computer. G:, H:, I: and J:

    The one for my Camera is designated KODAK(I:)

    3. Copy pictures from pictures folder to MISC folder on the KODAK(I:) drive.
    Or just drag and drop to MISC folder.

    4. Done. Pictures now on on SD card.

    Gord

    Gord Dibben, Mar 3, 2007

    Gordon,
    1st I want to thank you for all your help, I appreciate it.
    I guess all these computers are different. I figured out how to do it. The
    thing that drove me crazy was that when I sent a picture to the disc, and
    took the disc out of the computer, and put the disk back in the camera, I
    cliked my camera on images, and it read ...no images on disk. Then I put the
    disk back in the computer, went to my computer, then to SD/mmc drive and
    opened it...boom the pictures I put on the disk were there. so it is a
    little confusing why the disk showed empty in the camera. Now I know how to
    do it.
    Thanks again
    Chester
    --
    Thanks,
    CG

    Guest, Mar 3, 2007

    Yves Alarie Guest

    Yes, it is a little confusing.
    When you copy photos back on your card, some cameras (Sony, Olympus, Minolta
    etc.) will not be able to read the files if you edited the files with
    software or simply changed the file names, while other cameras (at least
    some Canon, Kodak etc.) will read them. So you get this message "no images
    on disk" from your camera, but the files are there and your computer will
    read them.
    I don't know what kind of camera you have, but take a look at the manual and
    there should be some warning about this.

    Yves Alarie, Mar 3, 2007

    Gord Dibben Guest

    In my first post I mentioned that depending upon your make of camera you may not
    be able to view them on your camera.

    They will be there for downloading to somewhere else like another drive or
    Walmart Photo Center.

    I rarely have a problem seeing them on my Kodak DX6440 after editing and placing
    back onto card in camera.

    But...........there are the odd few that just will not be recognized.

    If I "just have" to view them on the camera I batch run them through
    IrfanView(convert from *.jpg to *.jpg) and that generally clears up any
    can't-view-on-the-camera problem.

    Gord

    Gord Dibben, Mar 3, 2007

    Yves Alarie Guest

    Yes I agree. Funny about how different camera makers implement their
    software. So you can do it and I can't and it has nothing to do with XP!

    Yves Alarie, Mar 4, 2007

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Yes. It has nothing to do with Windows XP AFAICT

    Discussed this a couple of years ago with yourself.

    http://snipurl.com/1byq1

    Have since found a few odd cases where the camera won't recognize the photo but
    as I said............. "rarely"

    Gord

    Gord Dibben, Mar 4, 2007

    monica lane Guest

    transfer photos from my computer to an sd memory card???

    Please help!!!
    I am working on a christmas gift and I need pictures that are on my computer to be transfered to an sd card.
    Can you please tell me how???

    monica lane, Oct 30, 2008

    John Inzer Guest

    Re: transfer photos from my computer to an sd memory card???

    monica lane wrote:
    > Please help!!!
    > I am working on a christmas gift and I need pictures that are on my
    > computer to be transfered to an sd card. Can you please tell me how???

    ===========================
    Do you have a memory card reader?

    If you do...insert the SD card and
    go to...My Computer...

    The SD card will show up as a
    "Removable Disk"...

    Double left click the SD card's icon
    and an Explorer Window will open...

    You can copy/paste...drag/drop...files
    into the Explorer Window and they will
    be copied to the SD Card.

    Also you can right click a folder or a
    selected group of files and choose...
    Send To / Removable Disk (?)......
    (? being the letter for the drive)

    --

    John Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Oct 31, 2008
  12. Re: transfer photos from my computer to an sd memory card???

    "John Inzer" <> wrote in message
    > monica lane wrote:
    >> Please help!!!
    >> I am working on a christmas gift and I need pictures that are on my
    >> computer to be transfered to an sd card. Can you please tell me how???

    > ===========================
    > Do you have a memory card reader?
    >
    > If you do...insert the SD card and
    > go to...My Computer...
    >
    > The SD card will show up as a
    > "Removable Disk"...
    >
    > Double left click the SD card's icon
    > and an Explorer Window will open...
    >
    > You can copy/paste...drag/drop...files
    > into the Explorer Window and they will
    > be copied to the SD Card.
    >
    > Also you can right click a folder or a
    > selected group of files and choose...
    > Send To / Removable Disk (?)......
    > (? being the letter for the drive)
    >
    > --
    >
    > John Inzer MS-MVP
    > Digital Media Experience
    >
    > Notice
    > This is not tech support
    > I am a volunteer
    >
    > Solutions that work for
    > me may not work for you
    >
    > Proceed at your own risk

    You probably won't be able to view your pictures on a digital camera after
    you've done that, I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done about that.
    Regards Mike.

    Mike Cawood, HND BIT, Nov 3, 2008
  13. Re: Gord,Thanks for the reply. The problem is ...

    can you tell me how to get photos to download back on to sd card from my computer? I read all your emails and still cant do it. the pics are there but will not go back onto sd card thanks in advance for your help

    karen shaffer, Dec 25, 2010