TRAIN SIMULATOR

jlmaat

I have a laptop (Panasonic cf-48) running XP the game loads fine and I can
play it but after shutting my pc off and comming back and turning it on I
can't play it I'vedone everyting I can but the screen goes black then back
to my desktop.

Jimmy S.

Hi jlmaat,

Perhaps an easy workaround for your problem would be
to start the game by running the install program on the CD
to see if it has a Play option available on the menu.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| I have a laptop (Panasonic cf-48) running XP the game loads fine and I can
| play it but after shutting my pc off and comming back and turning it on I
| can't play it I'vedone everyting I can but the screen goes black then back
| to my desktop.

Jimmy S.

That's unfortunate. It is most likely one of three problems:

1. Drivers need updating,
2. Game needs Administrator's account
3. The CD Rom is failing the Copy Protection test.

Therefore, I would recommend the following jlmaat:

1. Try updating your Video drivers using the instructions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers

2. Use an Administrators account to install and run TS

3. This patch for TS may correct issues with the copy protection:
http://www.gamesdomain.com/patches/m/4882.html

I hope my advice helps you jlmaat, please keep me posted. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| no go Ihave to install yet again
| "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | > Hi jlmaat,
| >
| > Perhaps an easy workaround for your problem would be
| > to start the game by running the install program on the CD
| > to see if it has a Play option available on the menu.
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

| can
| > | play it but after shutting my pc off and comming back and turning it on
| > | can't play it I'vedone everyting I can but the screen goes black then
| back
| > | to my desktop.
| > |
| > |

jlmaat

No go I have a laptop and I went to ATI's web site but since I hve a laptop
(Panasonic) I had to there but my drivers aren't listed I'll take it to a
proffessional and let them look at it. Thanks for all your help
Jimmy S. said:
That's unfortunate. It is most likely one of three problems:

1. Drivers need updating,
2. Game needs Administrator's account
3. The CD Rom is failing the Copy Protection test.

Therefore, I would recommend the following jlmaat:

1. Try updating your Video drivers using the instructions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers

2. Use an Administrators account to install and run TS

3. This patch for TS may correct issues with the copy protection:
http://www.gamesdomain.com/patches/m/4882.html

I hope my advice helps you jlmaat, please keep me posted. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| no go Ihave to install yet again
| "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | > Hi jlmaat,
| >
| > Perhaps an easy workaround for your problem would be
| > to start the game by running the install program on the CD
| > to see if it has a Play option available on the menu.
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

| can
| > | play it but after shutting my pc off and comming back and turning it on
| > | can't play it I'vedone everyting I can but the screen goes black then
| back
| > | to my desktop.
| > |
| > |

Jimmy S.

Good luck jlmaat. Keep us posted with the results please. :)

Cheers,
Jimmy.

| > | > |
| > | > |