tools>internet options>security tab

i am running windows xp professional, and when i go to tools at the top then
internet options and finally to the security tab, i cant change the settings
for each for the zones located there: internet, local intranet, trusted
sites, restricted sites. When i try to move the slider down to low or medium
on some of them i get the message

"The recommended security level for this zone is "Medium". The level that
you have chosen is lower then this. Please choose a security level of
"Medium" or higher."

what can i do to change these even though it might not be a good idea, i
still want to lower the setting for the internet zone.

Jim Macklin

To setup the security, begin with the Restricted
Zone...place domains and URLs in the sites list so those
sites are subject to the highest and most secure rules. You
can automate this using a program such as Camtech2000's
SpySites.
You can put some sites in the Trusted zone and these will
use a lower security.

You can use the Custom button to over-ride the slider
settings.

How many hijackers and unwanted programs do you want?