toolbar menu has nonexistent toolbar(duplicate)

in my view-toolbars menu the words 'earthlink toolbar' appear twice
and one of them have nothing attached to it(no toolbar appears when i click
it etc)
however it appears to make the actual earthlink toolbar misbehave as far as
storing its place etc.

how can i get rid of this entry?

thx

Jan Il

Hi Stilty :)

Try this to remove the toolbar:

ToolbarCop
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=4126&file=10&evp=161f1ddc1d3919e9bb9524f2094d2b64

......and check you system for scumware which may cause this:

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

also…- Courtesy of PA Bear
Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/tshoot.htm
http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com

also…

Dealing with an infected PC
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/expert/russel_infectedpc.mspx

Hope this helps.

Jan :)
MS MVP/Windows - Internet Explorer
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious

Replies posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

i hope you realize that when i click on this in view-toolbars nothing happens
its almost as if this entry is connected to nothing

Jan Il

I hope you realize that I was having to make a guess as to a solution, as
you did not bother to post the version of Windows or IE you are using, i.e.
SP1 or SP2, which can often make a difference in what works or doesn't.

Jan :)
MS MVP/Windows - Internet Explorer
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious

Replies posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

sorry xp pro sp2

Jan Il said:
I hope you realize that I was having to make a guess as to a solution, as
you did not bother to post the version of Windows or IE you are using, i.e.
SP1 or SP2, which can often make a difference in what works or doesn't.

Jan :)
MS MVP/Windows - Internet Explorer
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious

Replies posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Jan Il

Hi Stilty :)
sorry xp pro sp2

Thank you. Were you able to resolve the problem?

Jan :)
MS MVP - Windows/Internet Explorer
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

no did not have a chance to try will probably over the weekend but i m not
sure you understand the link in the view- toolbars menu seems to be a broken
link not a regular one and that seems to be effecting other stuff

Jan Il

Hi Stilty :)
no did not have a chance to try will probably over the weekend but i m
not
sure you understand the link in the view- toolbars menu seems to be a
broken
link not a regular one and that seems to be effecting other stuff

I think I do understand...but, at any rate it should be removed in order to
be able to get the other stuff straightened out. Try removing it with the
ToolbarCop. Also.... make sure that you run the spyware and malware tools
to be sure there's no scumware behind the problem. Look in the Add/Remove
programs and uninstall it, even if it only shows one listing, uninstall it.
That should get one of them out of the way so we can deal with the other
one. Once all is cleared up, you can reinstall if you wish.