Bargain Tom Tom One - £99

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I bought one of these myself not too long ago for more than this, and at £99 this is a bargain for a good GPS navigation system.

Tom Tom One + £10 voucher - £99

Very pleased with the one I've got, so a thumbs up from me :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thanks Ian, just ordered one :thumb: it's going to be a present for my husband, I know he has fancied the idea of one of these for ages. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It beeps when you approach one if that's what you mean, it's from an onboard database though - I don't know if it can detect them as such?

Reaction score
My Mum's does not detect camera's, but it is a few years old though.
I prefer to use the old pre sat-nav method of using a map & planning a route.
May be that's why i have so many county maps!:blush:

Reaction score
is there a way to update the software? So it'll help pick up speed/traffic/police cameras?

Reaction score
p.s it says it's Price is £129.99
In stock

has it gone up?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, it must have gone up in price - a shame as it was a real bargain at £99!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
It beeps when you approach one if that's what you mean, it's from an onboard database though - I don't know if it can detect them as such?

Yep some beep and some beep and flash . Some pick up all types of speed camera and some don't . You can upload new and up to date locations by subscription and sometimes free . I think they are a good idea as they can freshen up your thinking about speed and help to make your driving safer .

nod.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Its just a database of files that you can upload onto the Tomtom software, as long as you keep the database up to date it will have all recently added speed cameras in its database..

No navigation device can detect cameras they do not have that sort of technology onboard..

Your recent buy Ian is probably a V3 so the database you are using is probably from Tomtom themselves, its ok but does miss quite a few camera's around the UK and they are not updated that often...The better Database is the pocketgpsworld one which is updated every couple of weeks and all camera sites are checked and verified before being added to those particular files and released to the general public via paid subscription around £19 per year..That includes static and mobile camera sites and the newer SPECS digital cameras that are popping up on most motorway roadworks and measure your speed over a set distance, and are a lot harder to fool..

By the way my Tomtom has the pocketgpsworld Safety camera database onboard and I have actually got mine set up to announce camera by type and the speed limit on that stretch of road..

So for instance My tomtom will actually say (Gatso Speed camera ahead, speed limit 40 mph) which impresses the hell out of people when they are in the car and they are just expecting it to just beep..:D

Ask a Question