TOCA Race Driver 2006 Screenshots

Seefor

Boody Bandit said:
If this is suppose to be a next gen title you are way too easily
impressed.
To me it looks like current gen graphics

Sweet baby moses, how ignorant can one person be?

Pluvious

|> <Highlander> wrote in message |>>
|>>
|>> http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/633/633732p1.html
|>>

|>> whoa, I am impressed.
|>
|> If this is suppose to be a next gen title you are way too easily
|> impressed.
|> To me it looks like current gen graphics
|>

|Sweet baby moses, how ignorant can one person be?

Pssst.. look at the tires. Think they could spare a few more polygons to make
them round??

Pluvious

Boody Bandit

Seefor said:
Sweet baby moses, how ignorant can one person be?

I think you already answered your own question.
That game does not look next gen ieven a lil bit.
Compare PGR3 and Most Wanted screen shots to Toca 2006 for yourself

Alfie Liken

Boody Bandit said:
I think you already answered your own question.
That game does not look next gen ieven a lil bit.
Compare PGR3 and Most Wanted screen shots to Toca 2006 for yourself

Please be quite. No one wants to hear your opinions.

est

most of the tires look pretty average to poor by todays graphics stantards,
and the car models look good, but not a huge improvement over the current
TOCA version, and hardly next gen console level. However, I am looking
forward to this title, but with some caution, given the terrible support in
patching up the physics of certain car models in the current version of
TOCA. Even though they used a pretty decent overall physics modelling engine
in the current version, many of the cars were almost undrivable let alone
raceable. It seemed as if they rushed the game to market, rather than
tweaking the last few aspects of the game that could have made it an
excellent product. I bought the game before getting any user review feedback
from this newsgroup or other sim forum, but I will not make that mistake
again.
They simply did not seem to want to invest any money or time in properly
patching that game, which I resent , given that I spent my hard earned $40.

Seefor

Boody Bandit said:
I think you already answered your own question.
That game does not look next gen ieven a lil bit.

Maybe because it isn't. Did you think about that?

Alameda

Seefor said:
Maybe because it isn't. Did you think about that?

Then why start a thread gushing and cooing all over it? We're looking for
next-gen here, not just another also-ran.

FooAtari

Then why start a thread gushing and cooing all over it? We're looking
for next-gen here, not just another also-ran.

So just because it's not next gen you right it off as an also ran? Whats
to say its not the best racing game this gen? I doubt it but it could
make the top 5, whch will probably make it better than alot of the racing
games next gen...

--
Transplants save lives! - Have you signed up to be a donor?
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk

Do something amazing today. Save a life, give blood.
http://www.blood.co.uk/

My games collection and Live games:
http://www.fooatari.plus.com/.

Mattinglyfan

Fred Liken said:
lol. A drive by spelling flame? PAWNED!

Speaking of PAWNED, please read your other threads. I derived great
pleasure in making you look that clueless.

Bikini-Whacks

Speaking of PAWNED, please read your other threads. I derived great
pleasure in making you look that clueless.
PMSL
--

42 1 JumpeD up 1 H4d N0 1dE4 7h@ 1 W42 574Nd1N' 0N 7EH ENd 0F MY
k47he7er

Alameda

FooAtari said:
So just because it's not next gen you right it off as an also ran? Whats
to say its not the best racing game this gen? I doubt it but it could
make the top 5, whch will probably make it better than alot of the racing
games next gen...

Yeah, I have a soft spot for TOCA, the games works well on 3D shutter
glasses too. So maybe even if the graphics are still short of my (perhaps
unrealistic?) expectations, I should still be able to make it look
impressive enough via running it in Stereo3D.