Title and Credit not working

I'm new at using this program. But I can't get the title and credit to work.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, and it still isn't working. The
animation option just has a blank box. I can type in the words...but if i
hit done...nothing happens!?
Can anyone help me?

Hello,
Yes, if you be my eye and post back any clue or error message says.
Tell me again what do you Hit? To hit Done is the last steps or to exit from doing Title or Credits. The correct way is to
type-in the text you want then hit Enter key and you can view the effect you being executed at the right windows. After you tweak
everything possible then that's the time to hit Done and to exit. Try again.

--Rino
Help us help you:

Protect your PC:
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

I'm new at using this program. But I can't get the title and credit to work.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, and it still isn't working. The
animation option just has a blank box. I can type in the words...but if i
hit done...nothing happens!?
Can anyone help me?

I click on the side bar (edit titles and credits) thats fine...Then i get the
5 options of where i want my titles...those all seem to work as well. Then
once i click one of them it takes me to an empty text box, below it says
"done, add title to movie" and "cancel." Then below those are the other two
options "animation" and "font and color." That all seems to be fine. I can
type in the text box, but can't do much else. When i hit done...nothing
happens. I can hit change text font and color and it takes me to another
screen that seems to let me choose fonts and colors and such (i'm not sure
cuz i never see an end product) Then if i click change title animation i get
an empty text box with nothing but a grey line. (I'm assuming there is
supposed to be a list of choices and the grey line is the highlighter). So
thats it. I'm not really sure what else i can do! Any help would be greatly
appreciated. I only recently updated with the service pack 2 and got this
new movie maker. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice and it still had the
same result. Thanks again for the help.

Hello Raerae,
After you type the words then press ENTER key NOT Done choice. Try it again.

--Rino

[...]

Hi Raerae,
Can you change to the correct way to use a PC?
When you type something DO NOT use Mouse device BUT instead uses ENTER key which found in your Keyboard to execute what you has
typed.

I noticed you used your Mouse most of the time. Can you NOT use it -- hide it or place inside your drawer?

Believe me I can go without a Mouse device and I surf more faster in any PC application.

Google for keyboard shortcuts and practice them.

[...]

I tried pushing enter and it still didn't work. I don't get a preview or
anything. No error comes up, there is nothing. It seems like the program
itself is not right? Is there a chance of that? Is there anything else that
could be done??

johnclarke

raerae said:
I tried pushing enter and it still didn't work. I don't get a preview or
anything. No error comes up, there is nothing. It seems like the program
itself is not right? Is there a chance of that? Is there anything else that
could be done??
I have the same problem, if you click 'done' nothing happens, if you
press 'Enter' as people suggest, all that happens is that you get an
extra line feed-cr in the title line and still nothing happens.

To Both Raerae & John,
Did you follow this precaution & check-up before you install xp2?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

Try this: Windows Movie Maker 2 unexpectedly quits after you add a title, a video transition, or a video effect

and this: Windows XP SP2 Support Center

Or: How to Remove SP2 and use the old MM2 instead

Because MM2 is bugs free: Windows XP Winter Fun Pack for Windows Movie Maker 2

We all started here: Get Started with Windows Movie Maker and Microsoft Windows Movie Maker 2: Visual QuickStart Guide

Good Luck & All The Best,
--Rino

johnclarke said:
I tried pushing enter and it still didn't work. I don't get a preview or
anything. No error comes up, there is nothing. It seems like the program
itself is not right? Is there a chance of that? Is there anything else that
could be done??
I have the same problem, if you click 'done' nothing happens, if you
press 'Enter' as people suggest, all that happens is that you get an
extra line feed-cr in the title line and still nothing happens.

John Kelly

Hello there,

Its possible that the text "is" there but is not being displayed because
of something called DirectDraw not functioning well (This is a guess by the
way) To eliminate it try the following...

1) Download the full version of DirectX Ver 9.0c, Media Player 9 (10 if you
prefer), and Service Pack 2(SP2).

2) Reboot you computer and Install DirectX

3) Reboot again and install Windows Media Player

4) Reboot yet again and install Service Pack 2

5) Reboot one more time

Yes it sounds very tedious, but if you want to be certain all file locks are
removed so that the correct files can be installed this is the way you have
to go.

It is very important that you only download the full versions of these
programs and that you DO NOT attempt an install over the internet.

--
Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
Check out free video hosting at www.the-kellys.org
----
\|||/
(oo)
----------ooO-(_)-Ooo-------------
All material gained from other sources is duly acknowledged. No Value is
obtained by publishing in any format other peoples work

Mike Movie

Strange problem. A few things you can try:

It's possible the system has incorrectly placed the titling transform on
it's ignore list.
1. Make sure Movie maker is shutdown.
2. Choose "Start" | "Run"
3. Type "regedit.exe" (no quotes) and Enter.
4. In Regedit, navigate to the following keys, and delete them (as well
as any child nodes they may contain):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveMovie\{CC7BFB46-F175-11D1-A392-00
E0291F3959}

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveMovie\{CC7BFB47-F175-11D1-A392-00
E0291F3959}
5. Launch MM and look to see if you've got your titles back.

There could be a problem with the titling transform not being registered or
registered incorrectly.
1. In the Start->Run box copy and run these lines:
regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2fxa.dll"
regsvr32 "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2fxa.dll"

You might try adjusting your video acceleration trouble shooting setting:
1. In the control panel open the Display panel.
2. Choose the Settings tab on the Display panel.
3. Choose the Troubleshoot tab on the settings dialog.
4. Slide the Hardware acceleration slider one to the left.
5. Close and Re-open Movie Maker

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Cheers,
Mike [MS]

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?cmFlcmFl?= <[email protected]>
Subject: Title and Credit not working
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:41:01 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

I'm new at using this program. But I can't get the title and credit to
work.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, and it still isn't working. The
animation option just has a blank box. I can type in the words...but if i
hit done...nothing happens!?
Can anyone help me?

originated.

johnclarke

John said:
Hello there,

Its possible that the text "is" there but is not being displayed because
of something called DirectDraw not functioning well (This is a guess by the
way) To eliminate it try the following...

1) Download the full version of DirectX Ver 9.0c, Media Player 9 (10 if you
prefer), and Service Pack 2(SP2).

2) Reboot you computer and Install DirectX

3) Reboot again and install Windows Media Player

4) Reboot yet again and install Service Pack 2

5) Reboot one more time

Yes it sounds very tedious, but if you want to be certain all file locks are
removed so that the correct files can be installed this is the way you have
to go.

It is very important that you only download the full versions of these
programs and that you DO NOT attempt an install over the internet.
Finally worked after a Windows XP reinstall. I have an new OEM SP2
windows XP system CD-rom so the install or upgrade SP2 option is not
available on the Microsoft website as it thinks it is already SP2.

Thanks for your advice & help

John Kelly

Hello,

I wish I had known. You can download the full SP2 (latest version that is) its
shown under system administrators....or you could have installed it using the
free cd on the windows XP mag....but whats done is done and fromm the sound of
it with success....

Ah that'sa point....I think you may have done it the proper way ... I seem to
remember reading that OEM versions can vary from the ordinary type....something
to do with specific drivers.....you may want to remember that if/when another
service pack comes out....it might even be worth asking for a clarification
from the OEM if possible....it might be one of those pieces of info that's in
the very small print If it is correct (in your case) then it might also
explain why things went wrong...if you have auto updates turned on.

I do not agree with auto updates....it took me a while to discover why my
expensive graphics card suddenly stopped working properly...the answer the OEM
(a company called Gainward) had modified the way the NVidia chipset
worked.....the result was that if you used the driver from Microsoft or Nvidia
the card went back to its basic config and all the go fast options were
unavailable...putting the Gainward driver back on resulted in full speed ahead
and no problems with OpenGL and DirectX

--
Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org