    link and my audience doesn't want the content I send to be a separate
    link. IE/OE will perform this seemingly simple task but the Mozilla
    products won't.

    badgolferman, Jul 18, 2006

  2. > Is there a way to make Thunderbird send the entire web page in the body
    > of the message when clicking Send Page? Up until now it only sends the
    > link and my audience doesn't want the content I send to be a separate
    > link. IE/OE will perform this seemingly simple task but the Mozilla
    > products won't.

    If the URL pointed to a site that could be accessed by everybody, why
    not just send a URL? You could use TinyURL if you wish.

    If you don't insist on one-click solution, you could use Firefox to suck
    the webpages, zip it and then send it away with Thunderbird.

    --
    .~. Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ (Ubuntu 6.06) Linux 2.6.17.6

    Man-wai Chang, Jul 18, 2006

  3. badgolferman

    badgolferman Guest

    Man-wai Chang, 7/18/2006, 9:08:49 AM, <44bcdd61$-cable.com>
    wrote:

    > > Is there a way to make Thunderbird send the entire web page in the
    > > body of the message when clicking Send Page? Up until now it only
    > > sends the link and my audience doesn't want the content I send to
    > > be a separate link. IE/OE will perform this seemingly simple task
    > > but the Mozilla products won't.

    > If the URL pointed to a site that could be accessed by everybody, why
    > not just send a URL? You could use TinyURL if you wish.
    >
    > If you don't insist on one-click solution, you could use Firefox to
    > suck the webpages, zip it and then send it away with Thunderbird.

    I send webpages that have images or articles to a group of people. It
    is more convenient for them to view those messages through their e-mail
    client rather than opening a browser. Let me just say it is the nature
    of the beast in this regard.

    badgolferman, Jul 18, 2006
  4. "badgolferman" <> wrote in

    > Is there a way to make Thunderbird send the entire web page in the
    > body of the message when clicking Send Page?

    AFAIK, there's no way to pass web pages to Thunderbird so that it could
    transform them into e-mails.

    There's a Firefox extension which will repackage a webpage as an e-mail
    then pass it along to a dedicated mailing app. I haven't tried it.
    <http://sendpagebyemail.mozdev.org/>

    > my audience doesn't want the content I send to be a separate link.

    Maybe you could explain to them that their browsers really are better
    for viewing webpages than their e-mail clients are. Or you could
    explain to them that you'd rather not infringe on so many copyrights
    just to save them the trouble of opening a browser to visit sites.

    --
    »Q«

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=, Jul 18, 2006
  5. badgolferman

    Chakolate Guest

    "»Q«" <> wrote in

    > Or you could
    > explain to them that you'd rather not infringe on so many copyrights
    > just to save them the trouble of opening a browser to visit sites.

    You're assuming a fact not in evidence, Q. (Oops, sorry, I seem to be
    channelling Perry Mason. Again.) He didn't say he was sending somebody
    else's webpage; maybe he's sending his own or the webpage of someone who
    has agreed to this.

    Chak, picker of nits

    --
    English is a brawling, promiscuous drunkard of a language made up of
    mispronounced and stolen words from other languages, and that's what

    Chakolate, Jul 18, 2006
  6. badgolferman

    FTR Guest

    »Q« wrote:
    > "badgolferman" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Is there a way to make Thunderbird send the entire web page in the
    >> body of the message when clicking Send Page?

    > Maybe you could explain to them that their browsers really are better
    > for viewing webpages than their e-mail clients are. Or you could
    > explain to them that you'd rather not infringe on so many copyrights
    > just to save them the trouble of opening a browser to visit sites.

    How do you infringe on copyright if you send a copy of a webpage by
    email ???

    FT

    FTR, Jul 19, 2006
  7. FTR <> wrote in

    > How do you infringe on copyright if you send a copy of a webpage by
    > email ???

    By not first getting permission to copy and redistribute it.

    --
    »Q«

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=, Jul 19, 2006