This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

When I use ie6 tools\internet options I get "This operation has been
cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your
system administrator.

Well I'm the adminstrator

Thank you for any help.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

larryfergy6 said:
When I use ie6 tools\internet options I get "This operation has been
cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please
contact your system administrator.

Well I'm the adminstrator

Thank you for any help.

Close IE.
Open Regedit.
Find the value NoBrowserOptions and remove every instance of it.
It is most likely (but not necessarily) to be here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions

You might try this from Mike Burgess first if you use SpyBot:
'Did you by chance run SpyBot's Immunize feature?
If so, you can unlock by unchecking the option to "Protect IE Control
Panel".
See http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=6748

AdAware, MS Anti-Spyware and other anti-spyware and anti-virus programs may
have similar options.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Don Varnau

Hi,
If you use Spybot S&D, open Spybot in Advanced mode and check the Tools> IE
Tweaks
settings. You may have placed this restriction inadvertently.

If not ... go to Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Scroll down to
"Various Registry Fixes"

Next (same page) check for parasites and other malware which may have caused
this, if Spybot didn't.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

I already deleted NoBrowser options. And yes I was using spygot immunize.
I unstalled the immunize thinking it may lock my internet options, but
uninstalling did'nt fix the problem. Delete NoBrowser in regedit worked.

I have spybot advanced mode, but under tools I don't see anything about IE
Tweaks

larryfergy6 said:
When I use ie6 tools\internet options I get "This operation has been
cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your
system administrator.

Well I'm the adminstrator

Thank you for any help.

Don Varnau

Hi,
I see, in your reply to Frank, that you got this fixed.

In the current version of Spybot (1.4) "Lock IE control panel" is under
Tools. It used to be, in the previous version, under Immunize. Are you
running an old version of Spybot?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"larryfergy6" <larryfergy6[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
When I use ie6 tools\internet options I get "This operation has been
cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please
contact
your
system administrator.

Well I'm the adminstrator

Thank you for any help.

could be, I'll check if there is newer version. I Have spybot 1.2 Do you
think the immunize with spybot locked by internet options?