This newsgroup will be removed from Microsoft servers on 12/1/2006

In an effort to better serve you, we would like you to begin using the
Discussions in Internet Explorer 6 General Newsgroup
(http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie...indows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser&lang=en&cr=US)
to discuss these issues. The Discussions in Internet Explorer 6 General
Newsgroup has more of your peers, Microsoft employees and MVPs available to
assist you with your questions. Please begin using the Discussions in
Internet Explorer 6 General Newsgroup today. This
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser newsgroup will be removed
from our servers on December 1, 2006.

antioch

Kristen said:
In an effort to better serve you, we would like you to begin using the
Discussions in Internet Explorer 6 General Newsgroup
(http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie...indows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser&lang=en&cr=US)
to discuss these issues. The Discussions in Internet Explorer 6 General
Newsgroup has more of your peers, Microsoft employees and MVPs available
assist you with your questions. Please begin using the Discussions in
Internet Explorer 6 General Newsgroup today. This
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser newsgroup will be
removed
from our servers on December 1, 2006.

Thank you for that information.
I will decline your offer however - I avoid, like a plague, using that slow,
error prone, cranky Bermuda Triangle web interface.
I shall use ie6/outlook express from now on, until you close that one as
well.
Do MS employees use the web interface more than newsgroups?
Rgds
Antioch

Jan Il

I truly dislike the awful MS interface on the web groups, so unless the
Internet Explorer 6 General Newsgroup will be accessible from Outlook
Express/Windows Mail or WLMd, I will no longer be participating in that
newsgroup.

Jan :)
MS MVP - Internet Explorer

N. Miller

Thank you for that information.
I will decline your offer however - I avoid, like a plague, using that slow,
error prone, cranky Bermuda Triangle web interface.
I shall use ie6/outlook express from now on, until you close that one as
well.
Do MS employees use the web interface more than newsgroups?
Rgds

This has nothing to do with the web interface. There are a number of
Internet Explorer groups on the 'msnews.microsoft.com' NNTP servers. Two
of them are:

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

Kristen is just saying that the former is going away on Dec. 1, 2006,
and that all MSIE discussion should be moved to the latter. To that end,
I am cross posting this to both groups, and setting the "Followup-To:"
to move this discussion into the preferred group. See if you can't find
that second group by doing a search for newsgroups on your news server.
If you are not using 'msnews.microsoft.com', and you can't find the
second group on your news server, you should request that they add it.

PA Bear

N. Miller said:
This has nothing to do with the web interface. There are a number of
Internet Explorer groups on the 'msnews.microsoft.com' NNTP servers. Two
of them are:

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

Kristen is just saying that the former is going away on Dec. 1, 2006,
and that all MSIE discussion should be moved to the latter. To that end,
I am cross posting this to both groups, and setting the "Followup-To:"
to move this discussion into the preferred group. See if you can't find
that second group by doing a search for newsgroups on your news server.
If you are not using 'msnews.microsoft.com', and you can't find the
second group on your news server, you should request that they add it.

IE6 Brower is NOT going away. Kristen posted her message to that newsgroup
in error.

Followup TO reset to IE6 Browser.

Jan Il

Thanks for the confirmation. Didn't see the other replies when I posted.
<g>

Jan :)
MS MVP - Internet Explorer

antioch

Contextualised/clipped - a lot.

IE6 Brower is NOT going away. Kristen posted her message to that
newsgroup in error.

Followup TO reset to IE6 Browser.

Thank you for the clarification, PA Bear.
So THIS group in which I am replying to you IS staying?
I have no need to "See if you can't find that second group by doing a search
for newsgroups on your news server.
If you are not using 'msnews.microsoft.com', and you can't ......"
Rgds
Antioch

PA Bear

Clarifying one mo' time: IE6 Browser and IE General are NOT going away on 01
Dec-06. Both will continue to be available via the clunky web-interface and
via your newsreader (using msnews.microsoft.com as newssever).