This is a Test

Discussion in 'Spyware Announcements' started by Tim Clark, Oct 22, 2009.

  1. Tim Clark

    Tim Clark Guest

    This is only a test

    This is a test of the Delta Update Broadcast System (DUBS)

    This is only a test

    Had this been an actual Delta Update Broadcast you would have been informed
    of the Delta Update version and/or instructed on how to obtain it.

    This was only a Test.

    :p

    ===========================
    Fort those of you not from the US the above was intended to be a humorous
    paraphrase of our Emergency Broadcast System, which we hear on all stations
    at sometime during the month :p

    Due to the recent problem with seeing posts I want to see if this one goes
    thru, and how long it takes.

    1. I am posting this via the HTML view of the Group, using Authentication,
    from Firefox.
    2. I want to see if and when it appears on the site (HTML)
    3. I want to see if and when it appears in my newsgroup reader (NNTP)
    Thunderbird.

    The time is now 08:07pm CDT USA

    ?:)
    Tim
    --
    If you set a Vista disk in the CD tray upside down,
    you can hear SATANIC VOICES!

    Tim Clark, Oct 22, 2009

  2. Tim Clark

    Tim Clark Guest

    Okay, took about a minute to show up on the HTML view ...
    and...
    Took about 3 minutes to be readable in TB.

    Maybe things are fixed ?

    ?:)
    Tim

    Tim Clark, Oct 22, 2009

  3. Tim Clark

    Tim Clark Guest

    Could someone test posting using a newsgroup (NNTP) program Thunderbird,
    Outlook, Outlook express, whatever you've got, and note what you used and the
    time you hit send (converting to CDT USA, or your difference from GMT/UTC),
    Thanks

    ?:)
    Tim

    Tim Clark, Oct 22, 2009
  4. This is such a test - 9:30 EDT

    Bill Sanderson, Oct 22, 2009
  5. No issues using NNTP, Tim
    Use your default newsreader to view here, you are already aware, yes ?
    <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/support.mspx>

    --
    Randy
    <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

    Randy Knobloch, Oct 22, 2009
  6. Tim Clark

    Tim Clark Guest

    @ BillS and RandyK

    It is now 9:00 CDT USA
    Both of your NNTP posts from about 25-30 minutes ago have shown up in in
    Thunderbird but not in the Web view.

    Mine are the only ones showing in Web View.

    It would "seem" that NNTP posts are not being picked up by the server for
    the Web :-( More testing needed I guess.

    Bill, a couple of your posts from yesterday still have not shown up in the
    web view yet.

    Strange,

    Tim

    Tim Clark, Oct 22, 2009
  7. Tim Clark wrote:
    >@ BillS and RandyK
    >
    > It is now 9:00 CDT USA
    > Both of your NNTP posts from about 25-30 minutes ago have shown up in in
    > Thunderbird but not in the Web view.
    >
    > Mine are the only ones showing in Web View.
    >
    > It would "seem" that NNTP posts are not being picked up by the server for
    > the Web :-( More testing needed I guess.
    >
    > Bill, a couple of your posts from yesterday still have not shown up in the
    > web view yet.
    >
    > Strange,

    It would appear one if not more of several things -
    The Web View is out of Synch or just not working correctly.
    ( Opinion ) I never liked the Web View myself, but that's just me.

    Time to subscribe via NNTP, while this NG is still here.
    <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/support.mspx>

    Best of luck !

    Randy Knobloch, Oct 22, 2009
  8. Tim Clark

    Tim Clark Guest

    Randy,

    I think you are missing the point
    I HAVE access BOTH ways already.
    I Read in NNTP (for filtering and such) and Post after Authenticating in the
    Web Viewer, I have for years.

    It is others that I am concerned about, those who use the web viewer and are
    not aware that they are not seeing NNTP posts.

    Tim

    Tim Clark, Oct 22, 2009
  9. Tim Clark

    1PW Guest

    Tim Clark wrote:
    > This is only a test
    >
    > This is a test of the Delta Update Broadcast System (DUBS)
    >
    > This is only a test
    >
    > Had this been an actual Delta Update Broadcast you would have been informed
    > of the Delta Update version and/or instructed on how to obtain it.
    >
    > This was only a Test.
    >
    > :p
    >
    > ===========================
    > Fort those of you not from the US the above was intended to be a humorous
    > paraphrase of our Emergency Broadcast System, which we hear on all stations
    > at sometime during the month :p
    >
    > Due to the recent problem with seeing posts I want to see if this one goes
    > thru, and how long it takes.
    >
    > 1. I am posting this via the HTML view of the Group, using Authentication,
    > from Firefox.
    > 2. I want to see if and when it appears on the site (HTML)
    > 3. I want to see if and when it appears in my newsgroup reader (NNTP)
    > Thunderbird.
    >
    > The time is now 08:07pm CDT USA
    >
    > ?:)
    > Tim

    Hello Tim:

    This is an NNTP post w/Thunderbird sent at 02:16 CT, 22-OCT-2009.

    HTH

    --
    1PW

    1PW, Oct 22, 2009
  10. Tim Clark

    1PW Guest

    1PW wrote:
    > Tim Clark wrote:
    >> This is only a test
    >>
    >> This is a test of the Delta Update Broadcast System (DUBS)
    >>
    >> This is only a test
    >>
    >> Had this been an actual Delta Update Broadcast you would have been informed
    >> of the Delta Update version and/or instructed on how to obtain it.
    >>
    >> This was only a Test.
    >>
    >> :p
    >>
    >> ===========================
    >> Fort those of you not from the US the above was intended to be a humorous
    >> paraphrase of our Emergency Broadcast System, which we hear on all stations
    >> at sometime during the month :p
    >>
    >> Due to the recent problem with seeing posts I want to see if this one goes
    >> thru, and how long it takes.
    >>
    >> 1. I am posting this via the HTML view of the Group, using Authentication,
    >> from Firefox.
    >> 2. I want to see if and when it appears on the site (HTML)
    >> 3. I want to see if and when it appears in my newsgroup reader (NNTP)
    >> Thunderbird.
    >>
    >> The time is now 08:07pm CDT USA
    >>
    >> ?:)
    >> Tim

    > Hello Tim:
    >
    > This is an NNTP post w/Thunderbird sent at 02:16 CT, 22-OCT-2009.
    >
    > HTH

    It took about one minute to see my post make the round trip. All
    other NNTP servers take a great deal less time usually.

    --
    1PW

    1PW, Oct 22, 2009
  11. I'll see if I can find somebody who knows how to get this information to the
    right folks now.

    Bill Sanderson, Oct 22, 2009
  12. Tim Clark

    robinb Guest

    no issues using windows live mail reader
    robin

    robinb, Oct 22, 2009
  13. Tim Clark

    Tim Clark Guest

    At this point is seems safe to say that the following appears to be true:

    Posts made using the Web Interface appear in the Web Interface and NNTP.

    Posts made using NNTP (Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail Reader, and the like)
    appear in NNTP readers But NOT in the Web Interface.

    ++++++
    at 9:03am CDT USA Bill Sanderson said [using NNTP so those of you reading
    this in the Web Interface can't see it it seems :-( ] :

    I'll see if I can find somebody who knows how to get this information to the
    right folks now.
    ++++++

    With Bill on the case I hope it will be fixed soon

    Tim

    Tim Clark, Oct 22, 2009
  14. Tim Clark

    1PW Guest

    Tim Clark wrote:
    > At this point is seems safe to say that the following appears to be true:
    >
    > Posts made using the Web Interface appear in the Web Interface and NNTP.
    >
    > Posts made using NNTP (Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail Reader, and the like)
    > appear in NNTP readers But NOT in the Web Interface.
    >
    > ++++++
    > at 9:03am CDT USA Bill Sanderson said [using NNTP so those of you reading
    > this in the Web Interface can't see it it seems :-( ] :
    >
    > I'll see if I can find somebody who knows how to get this information to the
    > right folks now.
    > ++++++
    >
    > With Bill on the case I hope it will be fixed soon
    >
    > Tim

    Hello Tim:

    Well that's one possible reason why NNTP replies to web posters with
    problems are frequently un-acknowledged. It also probably drives the
    web posters away in disgust.

    It's also a bit discouraging for us as NNTP posters to sometimes
    research a trouble and then send our well thought out replies to
    /dev/null. Pity.

    Thank you for your good research Tim.

    God speed Bill.

    --