The worst thing you ever bought.

Reaction score
It was probably one of those uper body stregth machines advertised on cable TV or in magazines. It was meant to make me look like Arnie in 90 days.

I used to seem to buy lots of crap gadgets, not anymore though:thumb:

darcy

Enjoyin' the Breeze
Reaction score
feckit said:
It was probably one of those uper body stregth machines advertised on cable TV or in magazines. It was meant to make me look like Arnie in 90 days.

I used to seem to buy lots of crap gadgets, not anymore though:thumb:
Lol, ~ being same sort thingy here :), ~ i do not reckon even assembled last one. :- o

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
DAB digital radio....they are so crap they just don't do what they are supposed to do, meant to give you crystal clear sound and all they give you is a load more interference than the MW radio you threw out and replaced with the Dab...

To get any decent sort of reception from a DAB radio you need to fit an external antenna to the side or top of your house, unless you live 300 yards from a main Digital aerial...

Funny the manufacturers and the shops you buy them from never tell you this, only when you get home do you find out you need to shell out another £35.00 for an external antenna, as you can only pick up 10 of the advertised 40 possible stations....:mad:

Reaction score
Crazylegs, sorry to hear you DAB radio gives poor sound quaility, may be you just got unlucky.
Mine gives crystal clear sound & is on 24/7 tuned to planetrock:D
It does have a decent aerial though & only cost £39:thumb:
I live at least 8 miles from the nearest mast & can pick up about 35 stations.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My DAB radio is excellent, there is no interference ever, and I pick up about 35 stations. Love it.

Worst thing I bought was probably my ps2, which I bought basically when it came out and which I used three times. Seriously. It was crap, and cost me about £300 + all the games and extra **** that I bought thinking it would be amazing. Its still depreciating in my room as we speak, buried in its own cheap plastic filth.

haha Skoda
laughingsmiley.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
A CNC machine from ebay, what a waste of money - I've never used it bought thought for £100 why not. Now I realise why :rolleyes:

I did buy a solar power torch last week though (honestly!) :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
A CNC machine from ebay, what a waste of money - I've never used it bought thought for £100 why not. Now I realise why :rolleyes:

I did buy a solar power torch last week though (honestly!) :D
Your 'shrink' tells me you ain't responding to well to treatment, has asked me if I can do anything ... I gave him a loan of my Gun.

;)

Reaction score
Just remembered. Few years ago I bought a wind up radio for £80 (!) thinking it would pay for itself as I would never need batteries.

After a minute solid winding ( very hard work) it ran for 30 minutes. When it cut out in the middle of the song I just thought bugger that and bout a £10 job from wilkos.

And I used it up until I bought the DAB, 3 years later.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My first computer :D

A Ford Cortina Mk II.
A stepladder from Wickes.
A telephone from Currys that cost £12.00
A Philips DVDRW from SVP.
An Elite DAB Radio.
Medal Of Honor Pacific Assault.

All of which were absolute rubbish. I'm sure I'll think of more.

The DAB Radio was actually very good, it was the PURE Clock Radio version, but I could only pick up about six stations, which to my mind made it rubbish.

So I took it back and got me an iHome clock radio which takes me i-Pod. I can now wake up to any tune off the i-Pod, FM, MW or buzzer. And it sounds pretty good too. This morning I woke to the strains of LA Woman by The Doors.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Lmao....
laughingsmiley.gif
Ian you do make me laugh sometimes....:D

It's for the car with a wind-up/battery mode too, but the solar panels were so funny :lol:

Here's a pic:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00105.JPG
    DSC00105.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 348

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Jogging Machine - was being used as a shelf to keep my gadgets untill my wife decided to sell it off one day :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
A new Vidal Sassoon hairdryer which suddenly caught fire during use. :eek:

A microwave covered-dish - nearly scalded myself 'cos it became very soft and squidgy during use.:(

A juicer which was murderously fiddly to clean:mad:

A pair of boots which made me look like Mary bloomin' Poppins - only wore them once, they went on to live long and happily together in the cupboard, before retiring to the charity shop! ;)

A Pedometer:confused:...... well it seemed like a good idea at the time
laughingsmiley.gif

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Taffycat said:

A Pedometer:confused:...... well it seemed like a good idea at the time
laughingsmiley.gif

ROTFL :lol:
yeah, I got one once as a freebie with something else. Thought it was a good score at first... then I found why they were giving the b*stards away :lol:

As for worst buy... going to have to think about this one I think... :rolleyes:

Dunno if I can top the solar powered torch though :lol:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bladerunner RC Helicopter

Cost me £75, only to break it on the day i got it because it was so poorly made.

Ask a Question