"The Page Cannot Be Displayed" after viewing several websites

G

I have noticed that several other people are having the same problem. I am running Windows XP on my labtop. I can go online after I start my computer, for about 5 minutes, then I will click on a link and the error message will appear, "The Page Cannot Be Displayed." If I restart my computer, the same thing happens; the connection will work for 5 minutes, and I will not be able to view more pages. The lower right corner of the Explorer window continues to display "Internet" and when I check the connection status from My Computer, it is enabled. I have also had the same problem with Netscape Navigator. When I ping my ip address, I receive all the packets back. I am really desperate for any input. Thank you for your help in advance.

G

Hi

Yes this odd behaviour has been noticed in Windows XP lately. Even I have faced this same problem and on checking with my Telephone Providers they said that this behaviour is clearly visible in Windows XP only

Regard
M. Rajes
www.winxpsolution.co

----- Sabina N wrote: ----

I have noticed that several other people are having the same problem. I am running Windows XP on my labtop. I can go online after I start my computer, for about 5 minutes, then I will click on a link and the error message will appear, "The Page Cannot Be Displayed." If I restart my computer, the same thing happens; the connection will work for 5 minutes, and I will not be able to view more pages. The lower right corner of the Explorer window continues to display "Internet" and when I check the connection status from My Computer, it is enabled. I have also had the same problem with Netscape Navigator. When I ping my ip address, I receive all the packets back. I am really desperate for any input. Thank you for your help in advance.

G

suggest you check for viruses and/or spyware.
-----Original Message-----
I have noticed that several other people are having the
same problem. I am running Windows XP on my labtop. I
can go online after I start my computer, for about 5
minutes, then I will click on a link and the error
message will appear, "The Page Cannot Be Displayed." If
I restart my computer, the same thing happens; the
connection will work for 5 minutes, and I will not be
able to view more pages. The lower right corner of the
Explorer window continues to display "Internet" and when
I check the connection status from My Computer, it is
enabled. I have also had the same problem with Netscape
Navigator. When I ping my ip address, I receive all the
packets back. I am really desperate for any input.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Ask a Question