    network
    and resolve the names as nice list.

    , May 8, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I have Domain on w2k3, and DHCP with exclude numbers above 200
    > (x.x.x.200 clasic).
    > I have some workstation that must be fix IP for some reasons.
    >
    > so when i need to know the name of specific IP, I used to open the
    > DNS, and see the computer name even of fix IP machines.
    >
    > So with this domain I realize that fix IP over 200 is not at list,
    > it's take many
    > days before is update or nor.
    >
    > have Know solution for this, or maybe another tool to scan IP on
    > network
    > and resolve the names as nice list.

    Is the DHCP client service started and set to automatic and register this
    connection's addresses in DNS selcted on the DNS tab in TCP/IP properties?
    Whether the client is a DHCP client or not, the DHCP client service is
    responsible for DNS updates. If it (DHCP Client service) is stopped the
    client will not register in DNS.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

    Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP], May 8, 2006