• Opera

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other, Please specify.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
... a plugin named 'Download Helper' which enables you to capture most online footage, works well in Youtube but not all on Vimeo.
Hmmm... just did a test on Vimeo — no problems.

scratch_one-s_head.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hmmm... just did a test on Vimeo — no problems.

scratch_one-s_head.gif

As I said 'not all'. Some will d/l, others will not.

As is the case with all online video apart from Youtube, download helper hasn't, so far, had a prob with any Youtube offerings.

I should point out, however, that flv files (Youtube staple) are rubbish quality and I only gather footage that really means a lot to me and is hard to obtain. Which means, mostly, I don't have that many Youtube downloads ;)

Generally speaking I find Vimeo more interesting than Youtube, quality, not quantity, seems to be the rule of thumb.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
QTWeb fast as stink on Arch 64. It is cross platform aswell as 32/64 bit. Not perfect but fast. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm quite surprised about this as I have always liked IE but I have now settled for Opera as primary browser, both in Linux Mint and Windows 7 & XP.

I switched to Opera as I was having a few minor probs with IE and basically was just too lazy to switch back and eventually found myself liking Opera more and more.

It's not perfect, doesn't let you bookmark the same link in different Bookmarks folder for example, but I like it. One other minor quirk is it won't save pix from facebook whereas IE will. But other than that, Opera has given me no probs.

I dunno what it is that makes us prefer one browser over another but this is one area where I've never been in accord with the majority. Which is kinda good imo, lol

Speed, to me, ain't everything. Ease of use and user-friendliness is. Which to me is where Opera scores and it is at least as fast as IE.

I've never liked Firefox or any variations, sorry, but I have tried. And I intensely dislike Chrome, only tried it briefly - yuk.

Remember - we is all different ;)

Reaction score
I use firefox or google chrome these days.
Hardly ever use IE these days.
But everyone has their favorite to use.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Its nearly at the end of 2013 can we not close this thread and open another if needed with a more modern twist. :cool:

I thought this was a cutting edge site :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Its nearly at the end of 2013 can we not close this thread and open another if needed with a more modern twist. :cool:

I thought this was a cutting edge site :lol:

Nearly the end of 2013? You been on the metal polish and cherry liqueur old son? :confused:

We are at the seventh month of twelve, most rational folk would call that half way through the year, not nearly the end of the year.

You're a bright lad, I'm sure you know how to start a thread... ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
My Asda were advertising the Xmas Club today ... end of year? ... new year will be here any minute.

:lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Nearly the end of 2013? You been on the metal polish and cherry liqueur old son? :confused:

We are at the seventh month of twelve, most rational folk would call that half way through the year, not nearly the end of the year.

You're a bright lad, I'm sure you know how to start a thread... ;)

rekord_hero.jpg

Hic
beer.gif
fruit juice acterly
beer.gif
in a glass half full of crushed ice. Me sister gave me a crushed ice maker with shiny steel blades an a hand crank, it makes luverly grinding and splintering sounds whilst cooling your hands down as you pulverise that ice.
beer.gif
An its only 5 squids for tree an tastes great diluted even though it don't say so on the bottle hic
beer.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
OT but, I'm not usually a Cider guy, but that stuff is very nice :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm not a great cider drinker either and have never tried nor seen Abarb's favoured tipple.

When the mood (rarely) takes me to sup fermented fruit I've tried loads and of the ones I've tried favour Magners Pear Cider.

Yes, off topic, start a new thread, o barbaric one :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm not a great cider drinker either and have never tried nor seen Abarb's favoured tipple.

When the mood (rarely) takes me to sup fermented fruit I've tried loads and of the ones I've tried favour Magners Pear Cider.

Yes, off topic, start a new thread, o barbaric one :)

Hi I tried to start a new thread here in the Polls section but it seems you need to be a mod to do so.

I thought a Poll about Ian's balloon might be good fun. As in ,

Where do you think Ian's balloon will end its flight ?

1) Dry land in the UK

2) Dry land in another country

3) in the sea

4) Lost in space.

What do you recon. :lol:

Ask a Question