Temporary Internet Files

I know how to clear the Temporary Internet Files (TIFs), and the offline
content. But is there a way to still see visited web pages AFTER the TIFs and
the offline content are cleared? THANKS!!

Ayush

What do you mean by that ? You can put the address in Address bar and you are there ?

Because your post is different, it is better to start a new thread in a *IE6*
newsgroup....
--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

Replied To :

: Hi,
: I know how to clear the Temporary Internet Files (TIFs), and the offline
: content. But is there a way to still see visited web pages AFTER the TIFs and
: the offline content are cleared? THANKS!!

I mean after I have cleared the History, the TIFs (and offline content). I
sign off of the internet. Go to my TIF folder and everything is gone. That's
fine. But what I want to know is AFTER the TIFs and Cookies are gone, and the
History is cleared, is there a way to still see where users have surfed on
the internet? THANKS!

Ayush said:
What do you mean by that ? You can put the address in Address bar and you are there ?

Because your post is different, it is better to start a new thread in a *IE6*
newsgroup....
--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

Replied To :

: Hi,
: I know how to clear the Temporary Internet Files (TIFs), and the offline
: content. But is there a way to still see visited web pages AFTER the TIFs and
: the offline content are cleared? THANKS!!

Murphy

Haha, you must be at work and don't want your tracks traced. Be sure to
clear your forms as well. Then you should be in the clear. If you are that
paranoid, download CCleaner and erase your tracks from there...Google it...

Ayush said:
What do you mean by that ? You can put the address in Address bar and you
are there ?

Because your post is different, it is better to start a new thread in a
*IE6*
newsgroup....
--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

Replied To :

: Hi,
: I know how to clear the Temporary Internet Files (TIFs), and the
offline
: content. But is there a way to still see visited web pages AFTER the
TIFs and
: the offline content are cleared? THANKS!!

Murphy,
LOL, No I'm not at work--my husband (the computer guru) insists that he can
see where we (me & the kids) have all surfed, even after I have cleared the
TIFs, Cookies, and History. My husband and I are separated, and I think he is
just bluffing to scare me.
Thanks for all your help!

Ayush said:
What do you mean by that ? You can put the address in Address bar and you
are there ?

Because your post is different, it is better to start a new thread in a
*IE6*
newsgroup....
--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

Replied To :

: Hi,
: I know how to clear the Temporary Internet Files (TIFs), and the
offline
: content. But is there a way to still see visited web pages AFTER the
TIFs and
: the offline content are cleared? THANKS!!

Actually, I forgot to ask: How do you "clear the forms?"

Ayush said:
What do you mean by that ? You can put the address in Address bar and you
are there ?

Because your post is different, it is better to start a new thread in a
*IE6*
newsgroup....
--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

Replied To :

: Hi,
: I know how to clear the Temporary Internet Files (TIFs), and the
offline
: content. But is there a way to still see visited web pages AFTER the
TIFs and
: the offline content are cleared? THANKS!!

Ayush

Internet Options > Content tab > Click "Clear forms" as well as "Clear passwords"

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

Replied To :

: Actually, I forgot to ask: How do you "clear the forms?"
:
:
:
:
: "Murphy" wrote:
:
: > Haha, you must be at work and don't want your tracks traced. Be sure to
: > clear your forms as well. Then you should be in the clear. If you are that
: > paranoid, download CCleaner and erase your tracks from there...Google it...
: >
: > : > >I mean after I have cleared the History, the TIFs (and offline content). I
: > > sign off of the internet. Go to my TIF folder and everything is gone.
: > > That's
: > > fine. But what I want to know is AFTER the TIFs and Cookies are gone, and
: > > the
: > > History is cleared, is there a way to still see where users have surfed on
: > > the internet? THANKS!
: > >
: > >
: > >
: > >
: > >
: > > "Ayush" wrote:
: > >
: > >> What do you mean by that ? You can put the address in Address bar and you
: > >> are there ?
: > >>
: > >>
: > >>
: > >> Because your post is different, it is better to start a new thread in a
: > >> *IE6*
: > >> newsgroup....
: > >> --
: > >> > Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]
: > >>
: > >> For any query, search > www.Google.com
: > >> Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org
: > >>
: > >> Replied To :
: > >> -------------------------------------------------------------
: > >>
: > >> : > >> : Hi,
: > >> : I know how to clear the Temporary Internet Files (TIFs), and the
: > >> offline
: > >> : content. But is there a way to still see visited web pages AFTER the
: > >> TIFs and
: > >> : the offline content are cleared? THANKS!!
: > >>
: > >>
: > >>
: >

Ayush

One option for you can be "Empty Temporary Internet files... when closing "
IE >Internet Options > Advanced > Under Security :tick it

Remember, there are many programs spread over the internet that can reveal these
things even after they are deleted. For more security : Use a 3rd party tool for
cleaning like other poster mentioned. I personally use "Webroot Windows Washer"

--

"Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote in message
: Internet Options > Content tab > Click "Clear forms" as well as "Clear passwords"
:
: --
: > Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]
:
: For any query, search > www.Google.com
: Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org
:
: Replied To :
: -------------------------------------------------------------
:
: :: Actually, I forgot to ask: How do you "clear the forms?"
::
::
::
::
:: "Murphy" wrote:
::
:: > Haha, you must be at work and don't want your tracks traced. Be sure to
:: > clear your forms as well. Then you should be in the clear. If you are that
:: > paranoid, download CCleaner and erase your tracks from there...Google it...
:: >
:: > :: > >I mean after I have cleared the History, the TIFs (and offline content). I
:: > > sign off of the internet. Go to my TIF folder and everything is gone.
:: > > That's
:: > > fine. But what I want to know is AFTER the TIFs and Cookies are gone, and
:: > > the
:: > > History is cleared, is there a way to still see where users have surfed on
:: > > the internet? THANKS!
:: > >
:: > >
:: > >
:: > >
:: > >
:: > > "Ayush" wrote:
:: > >
:: > >> What do you mean by that ? You can put the address in Address bar and you
:: > >> are there ?
:: > >>
:: > >>
:: > >>
:: > >> Because your post is different, it is better to start a new thread in a
:: > >> *IE6*
:: > >> newsgroup....
:: > >> --
:: > >> > Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]
:: > >>
:: > >> For any query, search > www.Google.com
:: > >> Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org
:: > >>
:: > >> Replied To :
:: > >> -------------------------------------------------------------
:: > >>
:: > >> :: > >> : Hi,
:: > >> : I know how to clear the Temporary Internet Files (TIFs), and the
:: > >> offline
:: > >> : content. But is there a way to still see visited web pages AFTER the
:: > >> TIFs and
:: > >> : the offline content are cleared? THANKS!!
:: > >>
:: > >>
:: > >>
:: >
:
:

Interesting . . . how would I know if one of those programs is installed on
my computer for this purpose?

Ayush said:
[...]

:: "Murphy" wrote:
::
[...]
:: > > "Ayush" wrote:
:: > >
[...]

Ralph J Grossi

Well, if he installed a keylogger of some type and still has access to the
computer that would show pretty much where you've gone.

SANDEEE said:
[...]

If they are installed, they will be available in Control Panel > Add/Remove programs
If not search for the term in google and you will find the link.

--

: "Ayush" wrote:
:
: > One option for you can be "Empty Temporary Internet files... when closing "
: > IE >Internet Options > Advanced > Under Security :tick it
: >
: > Remember, there are many programs spread over the internet that can reveal these
: > things even after they are deleted. For more security : Use a 3rd party tool for
: > cleaning like other poster mentioned. I personally use "Webroot Windows Washer"
: >
: > --
: > > Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]
: >
: > For any query, search > www.Google.com
: > Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org
: >
: > Replied To :
: > -------------------------------------------------------------
: >
: > "Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote in message
: > : > : Internet Options > Content tab > Click "Clear forms" as well as "Clear
passwords"
: > :
: > : --
: > : > Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]
: > :
: > : For any query, search > www.Google.com
: > : Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org
: > :
: > : Replied To :
: > : -------------------------------------------------------------
: > :
: > : : > :: Actually, I forgot to ask: How do you "clear the forms?"
: > ::
: > ::
: > ::
: > ::
: > :: "Murphy" wrote:
: > ::
: > :: > Haha, you must be at work and don't want your tracks traced. Be sure to
: > :: > clear your forms as well. Then you should be in the clear. If you are that
: > :: > paranoid, download CCleaner and erase your tracks from there...Google it...
: > :: >
: > :: > : > :: > >I mean after I have cleared the History, the TIFs (and offline content). I
: > :: > > sign off of the internet. Go to my TIF folder and everything is gone.
: > :: > > That's
: > :: > > fine. But what I want to know is AFTER the TIFs and Cookies are gone, and
: > :: > > the
: > :: > > History is cleared, is there a way to still see where users have surfed on
: > :: > > the internet? THANKS!
: > :: > >
: > :: > >
: > :: > >
: > :: > >
: > :: > >
: > :: > > "Ayush" wrote:
: > :: > >
: > :: > >> What do you mean by that ? You can put the address in Address bar and you
: > :: > >> are there ?
: > :: > >>
: > :: > >>
: > :: > >>
: > :: > >> Because your post is different, it is better to start a new thread in a
: > :: > >> *IE6*
: > :: > >> newsgroup....
: > :: > >> --
: > :: > >> > Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]
: > :: > >>
: > :: > >> For any query, search > www.Google.com
: > :: > >> Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org
: > :: > >>
: > :: > >> Replied To :
: > :: > >> -------------------------------------------------------------
: > :: > >>
: > :: > >> : > :: > >> : Hi,
: > :: > >> : I know how to clear the Temporary Internet Files (TIFs), and the
: > :: > >> offline
: > :: > >> : content. But is there a way to still see visited web pages AFTER the
: > :: > >> TIFs and
: > :: > >> : the offline content are cleared? THANKS!!
: > :: > >>
: > :: > >>
: > :: > >>
: > :: >
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
: >

Ayush

Yes, and these programs are hard to find in task manager, system tray and in
msconfig.

--
[...]

: > "Murphy" wrote:
: >
: >> Haha, you must be at work and don't want your tracks traced. Be sure to
: >> clear your forms as well. Then you should be in the clear. If you are
: >> that
: >> paranoid, download CCleaner and erase your tracks from there...Google
: >> it...
: >>
: >> : >> >I mean after I have cleared the History, the TIFs (and offline content).
: >> >I
: >> > sign off of the internet. Go to my TIF folder and everything is gone.
: >> > That's
: >> > fine. But what I want to know is AFTER the TIFs and Cookies are gone,
: >> > and
: >> > the
: >> > History is cleared, is there a way to still see where users have surfed
: >> > on
: >> > the internet? THANKS!
: >> >
: >> >
: >> >
: >> >
: >> >
: >> > "Ayush" wrote:
: >> >
: >> >> What do you mean by that ? You can put the address in Address bar and
: >> >> you
: >> >> are there ?
: >> >>
: >> >>
: >> >>
: >> >> Because your post is different, it is better to start a new thread in
: >> >> a
: >> >> *IE6*
: >> >> newsgroup....
: >> >> --
: >> >> > Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]
: >> >>
: >> >> For any query, search > www.Google.com
: >> >> Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org
: >> >>
: >> >> Replied To :
: >> >> -------------------------------------------------------------
: >> >>
: >> >> : >> >> : Hi,
: >> >> : I know how to clear the Temporary Internet Files (TIFs), and the
: >> >> offline
: >> >> : content. But is there a way to still see visited web pages AFTER the
: >> >> TIFs and
: >> >> : the offline content are cleared? THANKS!!
: >> >>
: >> >>
: >> >>
: >>
:
:

Some firewall programs keep a "Traffic" log.

SANDEEE said:
[...]

Yes, there are history keys in the registry which won't be cleared by
clearing the IE browser histroy. Also, threre are index.dat files which can
produce a trail of websites visited as well as all files opened on the
machine, like Word documents, etc.

If you shouldn't be there.....don't go there..... :)