Taskbar clock appearance

Jeff

I am setting up a new laptop running XP.

The taskbar clock just shows the time (till I hover over it). Is there a way
to make it show both date and time on the taskbar?

Jeff

Ken Blake

Jeff said:
I am setting up a new laptop running XP.

The taskbar clock just shows the time (till I hover over it). Is
there a way to make it show both date and time on the taskbar?

You can do this with any of several third-party freeware progams. I like
TClock (not the similarly-named, but inferior--in my view--TClockex) which
does this and several other usful things. Google will find it for you.

Detlev Dreyer

Jeff said:
The taskbar clock just shows the time (till I hover over it). Is there
a way to make it show both date and time on the taskbar?

Unlock the taskbar and drag it in order to get two rows.

Jeff

Ken Blake said:
You can do this with any of several third-party freeware progams. I like
TClock (not the similarly-named, but inferior--in my view--TClockex) which
does this and several other usful things. Google will find it for you.
That's 2 votes for TClock. Thank you all. I will try it.

Jeff

Michel Merlin

I have used TClockEx 1.4.2 permantly for years on plenty PCs,
and highly appreciate it. I just tried TClock 2.2.8, I find it
way behind, closed it and came back to TClockEx, that seems to
me much more carefully thought and written. It does only Clock
(no timbering Start button) but does it well.

For instance, TClockEx lets me set the Time format compliant
with RFC 2822 chap 3
http://www.zvon.org/tmRFC/RFC2822/Output/chapter3.html#sub3
(the format in which Date is actually written in the Header of
95% of the Mail or News messages on earth), and to customize it
(I just remove the coma), then it lets me copy-paste it in my
messages (see in my sig).

Could you explain why you prefer TClock? Thanks In Advance.

TClockEx 1.4.2, 9 Mar 2000:
http://www.google.com/search?q=TClockEx
http://www.geekgirls.com/review_tclockex.htm
http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/tclockex/index.htm

TClock 2.2.8, 18 May 2000:
http://www.google.com/search?q=TClock
http://tucows.mundofree.com/winnt/preview/32715.html

Paris, Mon 28 Aug 2006 09:45:05 +0200

----- Parent Message (links are clickable) -----
You can do this with any of several third-party freeware
progams. I like TClock (not the similarly-named, but
inferior--in my view--TClockex) which does this and several
other usful things. Google will find it for you.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Michel said:
I have used TClockEx 1.4.2 permantly for years on plenty PCs,
and highly appreciate it. I just tried TClock 2.2.8, I find it
way behind, closed it and came back to TClockEx, that seems to
me much more carefully thought and written. It does only Clock
(no timbering Start button) but does it well.
For instance, TClockEx lets me set the Time format compliant
with RFC 2822 chap 3
http://www.zvon.org/tmRFC/RFC2822/Output/chapter3.html#sub3
(the format in which Date is actually written in the Header of
95% of the Mail or News messages on earth), and to customize it
(I just remove the coma), then it lets me copy-paste it in my
messages (see in my sig).

Could you explain why you prefer TClock? Thanks In Advance.

We don't all have to have the same preferences, of course. It's been several
years since I've compared the two and my memory is hazy, but as I recall,
TClock did several more useful things that TClockex did. I wouldn't use the
TClockex advanatge you point out out, but if there are other advantages that
new versions of it have, I'd appreciate hearing about them.

Michel Merlin

Unfortunately both TClock and TClocEx seem to have their
development stalled since year 2000. Too bad, as each one, as
you point, was addressing different (and useful) expectations in
Windows.

Displaying accurate and complete times is useful when exchanging
with people in various TZ (Time Zones), but less when everyone
are in the same (it never hurts anyway).

Paris, Mon 28 Aug 2006 19:13:10 +0200