Task Scheduler

Willy

Got a password in. Funny I've never had to use a password since I've had
this PC but guess a new feature I have to live with now.
--
Thanks.....Bill
Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Do you want to see the task run or not. If so you must give bill (I assume
that's you) a logon password. Do this in User Accounts in Control Panel.
Then enter that password in RunAs tab. You'll need to enter a password at
each logon to windows at the welcome screen.

If you can live without watching your task run, create a new account in
Control Panel and enter that account and password at the RunAs tab.

Dave Patrick

Glad to hear it's sorted.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Got the Password in.
| --
| Thanks.....Bill
| Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

Willy

The Task runs now but one problem, of course when I restart PC it asks for
my password but now the NumLock is off, used to always be on. My password
contains numbers is how I noticed that. Thanks for all your help & Merry
CHRISTmas............Bill

Willy

The Task runs now but one problem, of course when I restart PC it asks for
my password but now the NumLock is off, used to always be on. My password
contains numbers is how I noticed that. Thanks for all your help & Merry
CHRISTmas............Bill

Dave Patrick

For autologon;
For an "NT"ish operating system you can run regedit.exe and navigate to;
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
edit the Reg_Sz string values
"DefaultUserName"
and
"DefaultPassword"
to reflect the correct username and password. (note: the password for an
autologon account can not be blank)
and set the value of "AutoAdminLogon" to "1"

------------------------------------
Windows XP ignores the bios on this issue. Set the Reg_Sz string value of
"InitialKeyboardIndicators"="2"
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard
will set the numlock to "On" when no one is logged on. May need to restart
for effect.

(no need to multi-post the same message in the same thread.)

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| The Task runs now but one problem, of course when I restart PC it asks for
| my password but now the NumLock is off, used to always be on. My password
| contains numbers is how I noticed that. Thanks for all your help & Merry
| CHRISTmas............Bill

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

Dave said:
For autologon;
For an "NT"ish operating system you can run regedit.exe and navigate to;
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
edit the Reg_Sz string values
"DefaultUserName"
and
"DefaultPassword"
to reflect the correct username and password. (note: the password for an
autologon account can not be blank)
and set the value of "AutoAdminLogon" to "1"
Hi

An alternative way to configure autologon on WinXP:

Click [Start] [Run] and type
control userpasswords2
Click [OK]
The [User Accounts] Property Sheet displays.
On [Users] tab, clear the [Users must enter a user name and password
to use this computer] check box.
Click [Apply].
Enter a user name and password that should be used to logon
automatically in the dialog box that appears.
Click [OK].
Go to [Control Panel] [User Accounts] [Change the Way Users Log On and
Off].
Uncheck [Use the Welcome Screen] and [Use Fast User Switching]

Willy

Dave, The change to make the NumLock stay on worked. However, in your
instructions concerning Autologon, there was no "DefaultPassword" or
"AutoAdmnLogon" present so I used Torgeir's method he provided in this
thread. Please see my reply to it.

Sorry about the duplicate postings.

Willy

Torgeir,
I followed your instructions. Seemed all work as designed but here is a few
glitches I ran into that may be my fault or way XP is designed to work:
-After making changes you provided, I restarted,
-XP opened and gave me a logon screen to enter password for Administrator,
-I'm only user and if I go to User Accounts it only shows me, Bill|Computer
Administrator|Password Protected| and a Guest|Guest account is off,
-So I entered a password I thought I'd had set for Administrator and XP
opened but it went through setting up everything, Office 2003 Settings, etc.
and Desktop looked nothing like the Desktop under User Name Bill,
-I restarted and this time when it pop up a logon window, I changed User
Name to Bill & used password I'd set for it. XP then opened with Desktop
I've always had.

In conclusion, I want all to look the same for Bill & Administrator. Is
this possible?

Dave Patrick

Glad to hear you got something going.