    these should be there or not.
    I am running Xp Pro sp 3. The file that is listed 5 times is svchost.exe
    .. I could use some help with this. Larry

    Larry, Aug 8, 2008

  2. Larry

    Malke Guest

    Larry wrote:

    > Hi Recently I discovered that their is many processes with the same name
    > running in task manager proccesses. I am not pc smart, so I don't know if
    > these should be there or not.
    > I am running Xp Pro sp 3. The file that is listed 5 times is
    > svchost.exe
    > . I could use some help with this. Larry

    It is normal for multiple instances of svchost.exe to be running. See:

    Svchost.exe in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314056/EN-US/
    and http://windowsxp.mvps.org/svchost.htm

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP
    Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

    Malke, Aug 8, 2008

  3. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Hi Malke Thanks for getting back with me. I read your link and have a
    slightly better understanding. Thanks again Larry

    Larry, Aug 8, 2008
  4. Larry

    Malke Guest

    Larry wrote:

    > Hi Malke Thanks for getting back with me. I read your link and have a
    > slightly better understanding. Thanks again Larry

    You're welcome. Please do post back if you need more help.

    Malke

    Malke, Aug 8, 2008