Table

jcastellano

I am trying to create a table where I will have 'years' in a vertical
column on the left and discount rates across the top (landscape). The
contents of the table would be various net present value calculations
of a stream of cash flows. I can't seem to figure out how to do this
without hardcoding the results of the various discount rates? Any
ideas?

Bernard Liengme

With this layout ( the 1 is in A2, the 1% in B1)
1% 2% 5%
1 $99.01 $98.04 $95.24
2 $197.04 $194.16 $185.94
3 $294.10 $288.39 $272.32

The formula in B2 is =-PV(B$1,$A2,100)
The thing to note is the $ symbols on the cell references.
With B$1 when I copy the formula the 1 stays the same, The B varies
With $A1, the A is fixed but the 1 varies as I copy
So in C4 I have =-PV(C$1,$A4,100)
best wishes with what looks like a homework assignment
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"jcastellano" <[email protected]>