System time not sync'ing with the domain

I

Ike

The time on my XPe machine is always off from real time on a clock. In the
event log I get the following error...

Source W32Time
Event ID 32

The time service has not been able to sync the system time X seconds because
none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp.
The system clock is unsynchronized.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

K

KM

Ike,

You can set up NTP server in registry under [HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters],"NtpServer".

You can test different time [NTP] sources with a command line tool w32tm.exe. ("Time Service Executable" component)

K

KM

This article should be helpful to you: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=223184

--
Regards,
KM

Ike,

The time.windows.com is not domain based NTP server.
There is more sources for the time publicly available on Internet. Search google to find them.

--
Regards,
KM

KM

I see that reg key is set for time.windows.com. Would it matter if I leave it and don't add that pc to a domain, just leave it
as a stand alone?
Thanks

KM said:
Ike,

You can set up NTP server in registry under [HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters],"NtpServer".

You can test different time [NTP] sources with a command line tool w32tm.exe. ("Time Service Executable" component)

--
Regards,
KM

The time on my XPe machine is always off from real time on a clock. In the event log I get the following error...

Source W32Time
Event ID 32

The time service has not been able to sync the system time X seconds because none of the time providers has been able to
provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ask a Question