system running smoothly.

tdc

Reaction score
Hello again​

I have just ordered the Acer M421G 1TB
icon7.gif
This is the first relatively serious computer system I have had. Upto know I have been using an old Acer TravelMate 290 which I have to say has done a very good job.​
I have all the security systems I need sorted out.​
Is there anything else I should consider to improve the system and keep it running smoothly. I have been talked out of any registry cleaners. I have been using Ccleaner on the laptop and seems to do a good job.​
Once again any useful tips much appreciated.
icon7.gif
tdc

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The trick to keeping a system running smoothly is not to install any apps that you don't need - especially ones that load stuff up each time you start up your PC. :)

Just make sure you've got a good anti-virus and anti-spyware solution and you're good to go :D. Just make sure you only use one anti-virus solution, as more than one can cause conflicts.

I'd also recommend making regular backups of your machine, should you need to recover any data. :)

Enjoy the new machine! :thumb:

tdc

Reaction score
Hello
thanks for the info. I have to admit that I did not know about MS essentials.
A couple of questions:
For the past few years I have been using Norman (not Norton) Security Suite which seems to have done a good job. I pay yearly for a new licence which covers 2 computers.
I was going to install Norman onto the new computer after removing what ever security system it came installed with.
Would this conflict with MS Essentials? Or would I run both systems side by side?

Thanks tdc

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, it's a great little AV solution from MS and free :D. I've been very surprised at how well it works.

Ask a Question