System REstarts itself!!

R

Rama

Hi,

My system gave an error of hardware failure, showed a blue screen with error, started dumping physical memory and then restarted itself..... and now when I try to start in safe mode or the last good configuration mode, it doesn't startup.... meaning... .. it shows the Windows Professtional screen goes to Windows Advanced Startup options and then select an option....does nothing and restarts it self.
System is IBM Thinkpad with Win XP Professional O/S.
I gives option to press F11 for IBM diagnostic repair, I opened it and saw some diagnostic tools, but afraid to use them.
Please anyone help me in this matter asap.
Thanks in Advance,
SP

H

Harry Ohrn

When it boots into the Advanced menu can you select Last Known Good Configuration? If you can see if that works. Or see if you can boot into Safe Mode from the Advanced Menu and then run System Restore. It is found in Programs->Accessories->System Tools. Use it to roll back to a time prior to the problem occurring. If you can not then perhaps Windows was telling you the truth and you have encountered hardware failure. Is your computer still under warranty? If so contact IBM or the distributor.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

Hi,

My system gave an error of hardware failure, showed a blue screen with error, started dumping physical memory and then restarted itself..... and now when I try to start in safe mode or the last good configuration mode, it doesn't startup.... meaning... .. it shows the Windows Professtional screen goes to Windows Advanced Startup options and then select an option....does nothing and restarts it self.
System is IBM Thinkpad with Win XP Professional O/S.
I gives option to press F11 for IBM diagnostic repair, I opened it and saw some diagnostic tools, but afraid to use them.
Please anyone help me in this matter asap.
Thanks in Advance,
SP

Ask a Question