Windows 7 Win7 hangs

Reaction score
Hi to all, and thanks in advance for your help.

The main problem is WIN7 hangs after start. The system begins normal, pass the windows logo, the ID process, and shows the desktop, but a few second after, it hangs and has no response to Ctrl+Alt+Del combination, just restart by the physical shut down button.

I try Safe mode to use a restore point, but this operation could not be done, restart the system only with Microsoft services, and hang again.

Shown no recent installed updates or programs. I remove any hardware, just using mouse and keyboard, clean up the memory module, but nothing works.

Any idea?

Core

noot, noot
Reaction score
Does it generate a memory dump? If so, examine it with BlueScreenView for possible indicators.

If not, make sure minidumps are enabled (sysdm.cpl/advanced/startup&recovery).

Often hangs, as opposed to BSODs, don't generate a memory dump at all, in which case you can try and force it, read here.

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the quick response Core, I found the problem after few hours reading similar issues, the problem was Avast Antivirus, just uninstalling from safe mode was enough to get everything back to normal, may be some internal update.

Thank again.

Ask a Question