System hang when Right-Clink any audio file

M

mmdir2005

Problem: Right-clink any audio file (wav, mp3, wma) does nothing as the process hang and the computer slow down and crash momentarily. So I can't rename/delete/copy audio file.

I don't think it has to do with virus or bad drive or corrupted file. Right-click mouse any audio file on any HD show same problem. I turned off sound card and
uninstalled sound programs show no effect.

The solution: I think this might be caused by a bad context menu handler. A context menu handler is a shell extension handler that adds commands to an existing context menu (Example: cut, copy, paste, print, Scan with Norton etc).
I dunno to fix it that..

Any Suggestion?

P

Paul

Problem: Right-clink any audio file (wav, mp3, wma) does nothing as the process hang and the computer slow down and crash momentarily. So I can't rename/delete/copy audio file.

I don't think it has to do with virus or bad drive or corrupted file. Right-click mouse any audio file on any HD show same problem. I turned off sound card and
uninstalled sound programs show no effect.

The solution: I think this might be caused by a bad context menu handler. A context menu handler is a shell extension handler that adds commands to an existing context menu (Example: cut, copy, paste, print, Scan with Norton etc).
I dunno to fix it that..

Any Suggestion?

This article mentions there is a thing called a PropertySheet handler.
So there might be more than one root cause.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

Options for analysis mentioned here are "Safe Mode", Autoruns, and
ShellExView. Autoruns from Sysinternals.com , is for Startup items.
ShellExView from Nirsoft is for Context Menu handlers.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...gs-win-7/d3b06cc3-15ce-43c3-93bf-12f229c08184

And while things like sfc /scannow are mentioned, as a possible
solution, I really don't think that fixes anything. If a machine
is compromised for any reason, the scan will find nothing that
needs repairing. SFC is too mechanical a process, and easily
defeated.

Paul

F

Flasherly

Any Suggestion?

Try a freeware audio handler aimp3 or foobar and associate all audio
extensions with it during the installation or from its settings. The
MS multimedia player apparently is bunged (chiefly British, bunged,