Sysprep.inf syntax questions

Going in circles

Just wondering if anyone might be able to clarify a few
things with Sysprep for me.

1) What is the best way to run sysprep -clean after you
have imaged a machine. I am using a sysprep.inf file to
deploy an image.

From the Sysprep documentation it says to create the
following cmdlines.txt file:

[Commands]
"C:\Sysprep\Sysprep -clean"

It says that it should be placed in the C:\Sysprep\i386
\$OEM$ folder. It also says that you must include the
following in the sysprep.inf file in the [Unattended]
section:

InstallFilesPath="C:\Sysprep\i386"

I've done all this, but I'm not sure how you can tell if
it is actually doing anything. How can I tell if this is
working?

2) I want to include drivers in my image, but am unsure
of the syntax and where to place the driver files in the
sysprep folder. Can someone provide an example for me?

Thanks in advance

Scott McArthur [MSFT]

To see if the clean switch is executing one possible way is to add the
following as a test to your cmdlines.txt

"c:\windows\notepad.exe"

To setup drivers you can do the following

1. Create directory structure on hard drive prior to running setup like
this

c:\drivers\audio
c:\drivers\nic
c:\drivers\video

Drop the individual drivers into these separate folders. You may have to
create subfolders for specific manufacturers

2. Then in your sysprep.inf have the following

oempnpdriverspath=drivers\audio;drivers\nic;drivers\video

See the deploy.chm for more information.

Scott McArthur[MS]
Microsoft Windows Server Setup Support